• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

My apologies. As I stated before, that's what I was told over the phone. When I got to the game and saw the email, I saw that it said nothing about him being fired tonight but rather that he would no longer be employed by the university of south florida effective monday. Unlike Skip Holtz, I don't make excuses.

While my first affection and commitment is to USF, I would hire this guy in a minute. He sticks to it. He doesn't make excuses. I think the odds are shifting in his favor after seeing the debacle this evening. I also think it would be very difficult after this debacle and that crappy FG decision to bring the Skip show back.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

After watching the performance in the last 3 games. Especially tonight, how can anyone make a case for him returning? Come on, this team had 2 interceptions for the year, screw ups all year long, game management issues all year long with a senior heavy class.

We scored a total of 2 touchdowns in the last 4 games. 1 garbage touchdown in the last 3 3/4 games. We saw the future tonight: 10 total first downs 3 INTS, 18:01 TOP, 115 total yards of offense, 6 (yes, 6 rushing yards).

The last 3 games the head coach makes incredibly idiotic decisions, several weeks ago your future, star reciver was shown on national TV slamming his helmet into pieces at the end of the game. Tonight, your most experienced, and presumed starting running for next year has an argument with one of the assistants, slams down his equipment and runs to the locker and it is pointed out on national TV.

The most exciting 2 plays of the last 4 games were your senior TE getting a completed pass as a QB and an incomplete pass to a walkon WR that no one has ever heard from another receiver on an end around.

Most of the few fans that did show up had left just after half time.

How on earth can anyone make the case for Holtz to return?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Presser video from GA

"A lot of good work from an academic standpoint"

That sums up the Holtz New Error

If good academics actually counted worth a **** then we would be in the National Championship Game and not Bama.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

After watching the performance in the last 3 games. Especially tonight, how can anyone make a case for him returning? Come on, this team had 2 interceptions for the year, screw ups all year long, game management issues all year long with a senior heavy class.

We scored a total of 2 touchdowns in the last 4 games. 1 garbage touchdown in the last 3 3/4 games. We saw the future tonight: 10 total first downs 3 INTS, 18:01 TOP, 115 total yards of offense, 6 (yes, 6 rushing yards).

The last 3 games the head coach makes incredibly idiotic decisions, several weeks ago your future, star reciver was shown on national TV slamming his helmet into pieces at the end of the game. Tonight, your most experienced, and presumed starting running for next year has an argument with one of the assistants, slams down his equipment and runs to the locker and it is pointed out on national TV.

The most exciting 2 plays of the last 4 games were your senior TE getting a completed pass as a QB and an incomplete pass to a walkon WR that no one has ever heard from another receiver on an end around.

Most of the few fans that did show up had left just after half time.

How on earth can anyone make the case for Holtz to return?

you'd have to ask slick for his answer :)

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Sure,go get a new coach. After those what, 10, BCS staffs that are vacant get filled I am sure that there will be dozens of candidates better than Holtz that will be able to come in and win the Big East next season and make USF fans and alumni happy. Dozens. Maybe hundreds. No way you could go winless next year with a new coach. No way.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sure,go get a new coach. After those what, 10, BCS staffs that are vacant get filled I am sure that there will be dozens of candidates better than Holtz that will be able to come in and win the Big East next season and make USF fans and alumni happy. Dozens. Maybe hundreds. No way you could go winless next year with a new coach. No way.

But we're sure to win more games in 2013 than this year with Holtz, right? After all, look at the trend ...

But we're sure to win more games in 2013 than this year with Holtz, right? After all, look at the trend ...

Somehow, Skip won a whole bunch of games at USF in 2010. What's different?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 games is a bunch?

As for what's different, 5-7 in 2011 and 3-9 this year. Or do you not agree?

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Floyd on Holtz: "I would love for him to be back. I don't want to play for anybody else. I feel that's the way this football team is, too."

8 games is a bunch?

As for what's different, 5-7 in 2011 and 3-9 this year. Or do you not agree?

So the staff is the same those two years?

And the ONLY team's win against Miami. And one of the biggest wins in team history against Clemson. Oh and the team's 100th win in the game against Rutgers. Yeah...that Rutgers. And USF's first win at Louisville.

Edited by slick1ru2