• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

So USF is officially stuck in mediocrity and not going after a top coach?

stuck in mediocrity? We're 4-15 in the last 19 games including 2-11 in conference. Mediocrity would be an improvement.

What happened this season and last has zilch to do with USF's future compared with if USF decides to start saving money on coaching salaries and stop trying to get in a better conference. I don't think the powers that be at USF have decided that...yet.

Sure, but, have you looked at the BE lately? You can't overspend on someone and be tied to a guy like O'Leary at UCF. Because of their revenues and his contract, they have no options. (And believe me, he's a better coach than Skip, but, they need to move on)

I fail to see how underspending is going to attract a coach to USF that will make the fan base happy.

Easy if you don't dress to look as soft as you and your teams are, don't look lost and bewildered during every game, dont always have an excuse as to why the college football gods are keeping you just shy of winning but instead take ownership of the situation and have a stated plan for how you are going to improve things and have a mans name instead of going by an activity that little girls do then the fans will love you. Skip has lost the players and most of the fans (sans you but you seem to be vocal enough to make up for ~1000) and just like the losses he has no one to blame but himself. If he would take ownership of the situation he could effect change but he honestly believes its not his fault and he is just getting unlucky, this is a terrible mentality it's why no one likes him and its why he has become a loser. The scheme is terrible? Change it. The assistsnce suck? Fire them. The players are terrible? Recruit better ones. You recruited better ones? Start them. The seniors are poisin? Kick them off the team. Like my grandpa always taught me everything reflects management. When you are in charge the buck stops with you and no one told him he couldn't change anything he thinks is a problem. At the end of the day you are what your record says you are and skips record says he is a loser and I say it's because he has a loser's mentality.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

stuck in mediocrity? We're 4-15 in the last 19 games including 2-11 in conference. Mediocrity would be an improvement.

What happened this season and last has zilch to do with USF's future compared with if USF decides to start saving money on coaching salaries and stop trying to get in a better conference. I don't think the powers that be at USF have decided that...yet.

Sure, but, have you looked at the BE lately? You can't overspend on someone and be tied to a guy like O'Leary at UCF. Because of their revenues and his contract, they have no options. (And believe me, he's a better coach than Skip, but, they need to move on)

I fail to see how underspending is going to attract a coach to USF that will make the fan base happy.

Easy if you don't dress to look as soft as you and your teams are, don't look lost and bewildered during every game, dont always have an excuse as to why the college football gods are keeping you just shy of winning but instead take ownership of the situation and have a stated plan for how you are going to improve things and have a mans name instead of going by an activity that little girls do then the fans will love you. Skip has lost the players and most of the fans (sans you but you seem to be vocal enough to make up for ~1000) and just like the losses he has no one to blame but himself. If he would take ownership of the situation he could effect change but he honestly believes its not his fault and he is just getting unlucky, this is a terrible mentality it's why no one likes him and its why he has become a loser. The scheme is terrible? Change it. The assistsnce suck? Fire them. The players are terrible? Recruit better ones. You recruited better ones? Start them. The seniors are poisin? Kick them off the team. Like my grandpa always taught me everything reflects management. When you are in charge the buck stops with you and no one told him he couldn't change anything he thinks is a problem. At the end of the day you are what your record says you are and skips record says he is a loser and I say it's because he has a loser's mentality.

You think you are going to get that from a coordinator? It rarely happens and when it does, it usually takes years.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Finally a thread to compete with the 4,879,443 pages of "USF realignment "Rumors""tweets""etc"" :)

Nah, nothing can compete with that. :D

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

For the 700th time, a school that fired Leavitt three years ago wouldn't dream of hiring Petrino.

What does one have to do with the other?

Nevermind. Let's let the rumor run on.

This administration attempts to avoid controversy at all costs.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

You think you are going to get that from a coordinator? It rarely happens and when it does, it usually takes years.

None of the things I mentioned have anything to do with football acumen or takes development it's simply being a leader and skip doesn't seem to have it or lost it along the way. If you want to get better you need to focus on the things you can do to make things better and not the obstacles you will face along the way. I believe there are many coordinators that can step in and have that but even if it takes years to become a leader as you claim hopefully there will be progress shown towards those qualities. Skippy had had his years and he seems to be digressing. I just want to hear him say its my fault one time; if he could admit that publicly he would be on his way to winning over the team, winning over the fans and most importantly winning a game.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

If this is true there can be some reasonable logic behind the decision. From the coaches perspective the university and the conference are not heading in the direction in which his original contract was signed. Since the atmosphere has changed which could impeded his opportunity to recruit not only players but talented coaches he may be best to leave and seek employment elsewhere if money is not an issue.

If it would be selfish move since all the of the assistant coaches would be without a job.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

bot meeting last night, very very likely this is holtzs last game at usf.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

what is BOT?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

Guys, we aren't big enough for even a proven HC winner at even the mid-major level.. WE ARE A MID-MAJOR program, now that the big east is reduced to what it is.

I think our best bet would be someone like Charlie Strong, who was a coordinator who had/has the potential to be a good HC if given the chance.

And as much as people don't want Petrino in because of the scandal, we aren't a program that can be that picky. Sure, he has some red flags, but so do we (now being in this trash conference), it would be a perfect marriage of a coach trying to rebuild his rep and a program trying to rebuild itself.