• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm fairly certain that Kelly did win a conference champ at directional Mich U.

Could be wrong though.

In my dream world, we would find the next Brian Kelly. Hate the guy, but he's a **** good coach.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Golden took 4 years to get a winning, 3 years for Kelly, Saban 3 years, etc. Those were also programs with nothing to lose, they had sucked for years. They also were in non BCS conferences except for Rutgers. They probably all could ONLY attract that level of coach in the first place. I doubt that the fans want to wait 3 plus years for a winning season. They obviously don't have the patience for 3-4 more seasons with 3-4 wins while doing the up and coming coach experiment which doesn't always turn out well.

Edited by slick1ru2

Can you imagine. 3 years from now having a 4 win season with an up and coming coach that was previously a coordinator, waiting for that conference championship? Can you imagine the state of the Bulls Pen then? ROFLOL. The horror....the horror....

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

I can't tell if Slick's message is one of no choice or no hope.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Slick's message is he wanted leavitt gone in the worst way and he's ok with anything Holtz does.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Holtz has lost the players. Holtz appeared cool, calm, and collected during last few meetings. Apparently the only ones on edge in the locker room are the assistant coaches, especially Cosh. General feeling among players is Holtz is getting one more year.

This is directly from a player's mouth. Nothing concrete but he feels Holtz is getting another year.

The players are ALWAYS the absolutely last party to find out.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. He said some pretty troubling things though. Aside from the players not caring anymore, their attitude going into games was that they were going to lose. Said players joked about forfeiting tonight's game. Players are more excited about an end of the season party they organized than the game. But this is all stuff we can assume after a season like this. Just thought I'd post what I heard from a friend who plays D.

I'm calling BS! You almost had me up until you implied that (a) you have a friend, and ( B) this person supposedly plays defense. No one on this team plays defense!

:)

Now, THAT's funny.

Just got to town and opened up the thread - Here's to hoping it's true! :guinness:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

I want (insert name of fiery defensive coordinator here)!!!!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I want (insert name of fiery defensive coordinator here)!!!!

Todd Grantham is coaching on CBS right now...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He would be idiotic to resign unless he had another job lined. In that case, my guess it would have to be negotiated.

I could be wrong on this and maybe it is more a professional courtesy, but don't schools usually require permission from the AD to talk to coaches that already on another school's staff?

My message is if USF gets rid of Holtz, its not the time to go on the cheap and get an up and comer. Go after a successful BCS coach. Take smazza along to bamboozle him. As for Leavitt, I was one of the shrinking number of supporters of him before the incident. Go back and look. People were calling for him to be gone due to his poor in conference performance and I was saying give him a year or two.