• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

link? tweet? paste job? newspaper article? smoke signal characters?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Saban gives his reason for not using his time outs before the half, "I thought we could have quick snapped it". Hmmmm Scratch him off my dream list.

Clearly 'Bama should fire him immediately. No self-respecting program would tolerate that from a coach.

For every Charlie Strong that is hired there are several Ellis Johnson's. Speaking of which, he was getting $700k by Southern Miss. Anyone that thinks we get anyone at all for much less than $1.5 mil is sadly mistaken.

Of course, I guess Ellis Johnson would be happy to take around $700k. He should be at the top of the list, I suppose.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Guys, we aren't big enough for even a proven HC winner at even the mid-major level.. WE ARE A MID-MAJOR program, now that the big east is reduced to what it is.

I think our best bet would be someone like Charlie Strong, who was a coordinator who had/has the potential to be a good HC if given the chance.

And as much as people don't want Petrino in because of the scandal, we aren't a program that can be that picky. Sure, he has some red flags, but so do we (now being in this trash conference), it would be a perfect marriage of a coach trying to rebuild his rep and a program trying to rebuild itself.

I think with the big bucks USF could a) attract a proven BCS winner and 2) prove to the ACC or B12 that USF isn't going to settle being a mid major, they want to move UP! That's my 2 cents.

EDIT And I think Petrino has as much baggage as Scrooge at this point and I am not sure that is the answer and may come off looking desperate now and idiotic later when we have to fire him for doing something bone headed or leaves for more money when the program needs him most.

Edited by slick1ru2

Guys, we aren't big enough for even a proven HC winner at even the mid-major level.. WE ARE A MID-MAJOR program, now that the big east is reduced to what it is.

I think our best bet would be someone like Charlie Strong, who was a coordinator who had/has the potential to be a good HC if given the chance.

And as much as people don't want Petrino in because of the scandal, we aren't a program that can be that picky. Sure, he has some red flags, but so do we (now being in this trash conference), it would be a perfect marriage of a coach trying to rebuild his rep and a program trying to rebuild itself.

I think with the big bucks USF could a) attract a proven BCS winner and 2) prove to the ACC or B12 that USF isn't going to settle being a mid major, they want to move UP! That's my 2 cents.

EDIT And I think Petrino has as much baggage as Scrooge at this point and I am not sure that is the answer and may come off looking desperate now and idiotic later when we have to fire him for doing something bone headed or leaves for more money when the program needs him most.

Wait, where are these big bucks coming from?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Like I said, he probably is resigning to go to another job at a BCS school.

Who would want him and why?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

yes this is different info. its new info. can't repost since you have to pay for 247. I won't repost pay info.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Why do we care how much the university wants to pay the hc and if that will ne a bargain? All we care about is that they bring in a winner. There was speculation that a few of the big name coaches were linked to the opening Holtz won. It's very likely the same will happen again if what's suggested on this thread actually happens.