• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

In the long run, walking away from the buyout money will cost him a lot less than having a "Fired from USF" on his resume.

Bingo...most likely he agreed to less than the buyout and doesn't get "fired".

When was the last time that happened? With "no coach in waiting".

That's why I don't believe it. No one just resigns. Just not a smart move for Holtz.

What if the AD came to you and said they were planning to make a change and offered you half your buyout to resign? Leave graciously with some coin in your pocket and everyone is happy. Skip strikes me as the type of guy who wouldnt want to be "fired" and would take less money to avoid that situation.

And offer all of it to him now instead of yearly payments

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Well if the Big East becomes CUSA 2.0, Holtz does have two championships in that conference. Doubt he would end up at CC. But with all the openings at schools with better TV contracts, I do think chances are good for USF's next coach to come from a CC program.

So you think that Holtz will end up at a better place than where we get our next HC?

Very real possibility since the BCS teams that were after him last season he "had a connection with" per the head of the USF trustees.

I think he stays here. But watching him be chased by a BCS program after the disaster here would certainly be fun.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

In the long run, walking away from the buyout money will cost him a lot less than having a "Fired from USF" on his resume.

That's why I don't believe it. No one just resigns. Just not a smart move for Holtz.

What if the AD came to you and said they were planning to make a change and offered you half your buyout to resign? Leave graciously with some coin in your pocket and everyone is happy. Skip strikes me as the type of guy who wouldnt want to be "fired" and would take less money to avoid that situation.

And offer all of it to him now instead of yearly payments

Yes, if this rumor is true my guess is 1 - 1.5mil lump sum for him to resign.

Well if the Big East becomes CUSA 2.0, Holtz does have two championships in that conference. Doubt he would end up at CC. But with all the openings at schools with better TV contracts, I do think chances are good for USF's next coach to come from a CC program.

Yeah, He could probably do better. I just didn't want to go out on a limb and say Tulane or Memphis or anything like that. It was really more an attempt at humor. FAIL.

LOL, you did better with humor on this post.

Thanks, I'm trying harder to cater to your sense of humor.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Again...how often does that happen? In the real world.

Actually... It happens quite a bit.

So you think that Holtz will end up at a better place than where we get our next HC?

Very real possibility since the BCS teams that were after him last season he "had a connection with" per the head of the USF trustees.

I think he stays here. But watching him be chased by a BCS program after the disaster here would certainly be fun.

You mean like watching all the players over the years that left the Bucs and went on to Super Bowl wins on other teams...ie Doug Williams?

No, that's not what I mean.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

Again...how often does that happen? In the real world.

I suppose DW could just fire him tomorrow, but USF doesn't want to spend 2.5mil and Skip doesnt want to be fired.

Skip may be too nice for divorce court.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Well I would hope the next coach just needs the papers signed. If this is true a lengthy "search" will be killer recruiting wise.

But no don't believe this for a second.

Edited by LifeIsBully

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

IF this is true it might be because he was instructed to fire assistant coaches but he doesn't want to or some complication associated with that

But again, while I don't doubt Hem believes what he's heard, I do question the reliability of Hem's source....

Edited by TallyBull