• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Hang on few minutes while I point MHVer3 to this thread.

As soon as he posts it, it will be true.

Seems more fitting that McMurphy would. Oh wait, he would have no hand in it this time!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

In the long run, walking away from the buyout money will cost him a lot less than having a "Fired from USF" on his resume.

Bingo...most likely he agreed to less than the buyout and doesn't get "fired".

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,580
  • Days Won:  29

Hoping for the best!

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

In the long run, walking away from the buyout money will cost him a lot less than having a "Fired from USF" on his resume.

When was the last time that happened? With "no coach in waiting".

That's why I don't believe it. No one just resigns. Just not a smart move for Holtz.

Plus on the way to coaching Central Panhandle Community College he could proclaim "In South Florida, kids don't go to sleep dreaming about being Bulls. I think there's some kids that dream about being Fighting Citrus Ticks, though."

seth.jpg

Well if the Big East becomes CUSA 2.0, Holtz does have two championships in that conference. Doubt he would end up at CC. But with all the openings at schools with better TV contracts, I do think chances are good for USF's next coach to come from a CC program.

Yeah, He could probably do better. I just didn't want to go out on a limb and say Tulane or Memphis or anything like that. It was really more an attempt at humor. FAIL.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Well if the Big East becomes CUSA 2.0, Holtz does have two championships in that conference. Doubt he would end up at CC. But with all the openings at schools with better TV contracts, I do think chances are good for USF's next coach to come from a CC program.

So you think that Holtz will end up at a better place than where we get our next HC?

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

When was the last time that happened? With "no coach in waiting".

That's why I don't believe it. No one just resigns. Just not a smart move for Holtz.

What if the AD came to you and said they were planning to make a change and offered you half your buyout to resign? Leave graciously with some coin in your pocket and everyone is happy. Skip strikes me as the type of guy who wouldnt want to be "fired" and would take less money to avoid that situation.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Skips last name will get him one more chance.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Hem I am starting to drink in celebration shortly and ease the pain of going tonight. I hope you become a legend. Bobby Bobby Bobby !!!!!! He is a whack job but wins in college baby.