• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Different perspective on jumping conference - WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The sad thing is if all of the defectors used their energy into making the Big East a better conference, we wouldn't be having these issues.

Yeah, and we would be still in C-DOA

I agree with TB on this one. Without Miami moving on and Louisville selling us hard, we wouldn't be in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

The sad thing is if all of the defectors used their energy into making the Big East a better conference, we wouldn't be having these issues.

So true.

I blame this on the conference guys and basketball, if Aresco was Commish rather than Meatball this whole thing would have probably been ALOT different. He was a GREAT hire just really too late.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yeah, and we would be still in C-DOA

I agree with TB on this one. Without Miami moving on and Louisville selling us hard, we wouldn't be in the Big East.

True, but that wouldn't it have made the Big East better if Miami, VaTech, and BC stayed AND they expanded to add USF, Louisville, and Cincinnati?

Imagine:

North - Boston College, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia

South - Cincinnati, Louisville, Miami, South Florida, Virginia Tech, TBD

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We were "Kragthorped" with Stewart and his coaches on recruiting, There is talk that we may end up with 30 recruits this year (10 being Jucos), if you look at the recruiting its leaps and bounds over the last 4 years also. And is USF is not careful Holtz is going to do the same thing at USF.

Oh boo hoo hoo, jvwvu ... you guys never had a losing record with Stewart, you most certainly were not Kragthorped ... you never had a losing streak of more than 2 games, were ALWAYS bowl-eligible. Cry me a freakin' river, winning 9 games just wasn't good enough for your program who thought you should be on par with the Alabamas and USCs of the world.

We would give anything to be where you guys were right now, get these lame ass excuses out of here ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think WVU has been way overrated the last few years, ever since White/Slaton left, Even then, as USF showed, a good agressive defense could beat them.

I think that they are on the same level as the rest of the Big East teams, which are basically all about equal. It is funny to see some of their fans thinking that they would have gone undefeated in Big East play. They did manage to get into the Big 12, though, and you have to give them credit for that. The thing that kills me most is right when we needed to advance so we could possibly be more of a national player, Holtz comes in and merrily skips us down along the road to mediocrity or worse. I just hope it hasn't set us back for decades.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

We were "Kragthorped" with Stewart and his coaches on recruiting, There is talk that we may end up with 30 recruits this year (10 being Jucos), if you look at the recruiting its leaps and bounds over the last 4 years also. And is USF is not careful Holtz is going to do the same thing at USF.

Oh boo hoo hoo, jvwvu ... you guys never had a losing record with Stewart, you most certainly were not Kragthorped ... you never had a losing streak of more than 2 games, were ALWAYS bowl-eligible. Cry me a freakin' river, winning 9 games just wasn't good enough for your program who thought you should be on par with the Alabamas and USCs of the world.

We would give anything to be where you guys were right now, get these lame ass excuses out of here ...

:applause:

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

Lol who cares, has anyone looked at the conference we're in lately? I'd take 0-12 for 3 straight years in any other league to get out of this joke

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

Lol who cares, has anyone looked at the conference we're in lately? I'd take 0-12 for 3 straight years in any other league to get out of this joke

Was going to write something pretty close to this...

Conference Big mountain eastern USA is awful.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Was going to write something pretty close to this...

Conference Big mountain eastern USA is awful.

In that regards a Baltimore radio station is pegging Maryland to Big 10. (BIG 16) Just when I thought this conference realignment was done and UL was settling into Big East TV contract situation.

Edited by jvwvu

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

This is the first time in 20 years that WVU is in a conf WITHOUT a team from FLA in it.

WVU has built up their football program with mostly EAST COAST recruiting (heavily influenced in FL recruiting) but now are in a conf who's closest school/town to them is IOWA STATE in AMES, IOWA.

It might take years before the loss of East Coast exposure/recruiting shows up on the field...but it will be harder and harder to sell East Coast recruits (more importantly, their families) when the closest conf road game is in AMES, IOWA.

Just in the last 7-10 days, 2 FLA WR's on WVU's roster have left the program...and while WVU is still on several top players in FLA in this year's recruiting class, I think as time goes by...and WVU's overall exposure falls in all areas along the East Coast (and FLA), their recruiting will being to suffer "some".