• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Different perspective on jumping conference - WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

A few things Mickey's become the senile old man reporter. Getting out of the Big East was the right thing to do, would it have been great getting 2 years before to help recruiting and depth yes, but there was no choice.

Is it bad yes, our defense has holes the size of Texas in it. Why because we switched defenses and a lack of players. Last year we lost 5 seniors (3 NFLers), and 4 of the 5 where Rich Rods guys. 1 - Bruce Irvin was a Juco transfer. The defensive players responding are all 1st and 2nd year players who are getting better.

Our offense in the last 4 games disappeared namely because until last game Stedman Bailey had a high ankle sprain, and caused everyone to key on Tavon Austin. These 2 are NFL receivers who recruited by now Marshall HC Doc Holliday. Geno Smith has lost all confidence and is reverting into old mistakes, he is a better pro style QB than spread. (Also a Doc guy)

We should have won TCU, junior high mistakes on special teams cost us to be closer to OSU game.

Also alot of the issues right now is differences in coaching style Rich was a Hardass (Leavitt type guy), Stewart gave hugs, and Dana is close to Rich and alot of the players are not liking that style as they came here for Stew.

We were "Kragthorped" with Stewart and his coaches on recruiting, There is talk that we may end up with 30 recruits this year (10 being Jucos), if you look at the recruiting its leaps and bounds over the last 4 years also. And is USF is not careful Holtz is going to do the same thing at USF.

Its to late - Holtz is already losing recruits left and right. It has gotten ugly down here. Now on the WV move to the Big 12 it was for money and money only. It did not make sense otherwise. I like WV but I don't see them being much more then an also ran against Texas and Oklahoma and others. Maybe they could win it in the Big 12 but gonna take alot of work,recruiting and luck.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Its to late - Holtz is already losing recruits left and right. It has gotten ugly down here. Now on the WV move to the Big 12 it was for money and money only. It did not make sense otherwise. I like WV but I don't see them being much more then an also ran against Texas and Oklahoma and others. Maybe they could win it in the Big 12 but gonna take alot of work,recruiting and luck.

Yes it was for the money and being at the "bigboy" table. Its going to be a every 3 or 4 years run to the top of Big 12 (more like Nehlens days here prior to Rich Rods), 8-4 will be good seasons in Big 12 with 10-2 being great and I am okay with that.

The thing is with the New BE, how does the Big 5 conferences work/schedule games. Most conferences will be playing 8-9 games, then with the new 2014 BCS rankings, opponents will be judged and nonBCS teams (anyone not in Big 5 and Gang of 5) will cause issues. Therefore does the SEC schedule games with the Big East and if so for what price a 2 home game SEC and 1 home game Big East series? I think ESPN (if BE is not with them) is going to push ADs at schools to help kill them.

For USF recruiting this year it would be able getting as much value as possible if Holtz's leave. Imo Asiantii is gone, another QB needs to be silently recruited, if in case he stays. I feel this kid is waiting until the coaching carousel hits to make a move and does not want to decommit a second time yet if not.

Yes it was for the money and being at the "bigboy" table. Its going to be a every 3 or 4 years run to the top of Big 12 (more like Nehlens days here prior to Rich Rods), 8-4 will be good seasons in Big 12 with 10-2 being great and I am okay with that.

The thing is with the New BE, how does the Big 5 conferences work/schedule games. Most conferences will be playing 8-9 games, then with the new 2014 BCS rankings, opponents will be judged and nonBCS teams (anyone not in Big 5 and Gang of 5) will cause issues. Therefore does the SEC schedule games with the Big East and if so for what price a 2 home game SEC and 1 home game Big East series? I think ESPN (if BE is not with them) is going to push ADs at schools to help kill them.

For USF recruiting this year it would be able getting as much value as possible if Holtz's leave. Imo Asiantii is gone, another QB needs to be silently recruited, if in case he stays. I feel this kid is waiting until the coaching carousel hits to make a move and does not want to decommit a second time yet if not.

Well I hope for your sake you are right because I can tell you are a big time fan of WV. You just have to hope it doesn't turn out like Miami for you because they have really not been a player since they left the BE.

I for one hope the SEC/Big-10 etc comes calling on any basis 1-1 or 2-1 because if USF ever wants to be special they need to take the big games and then win them. ANY TIME ANY WHERE ! (see Miami of old) Have to instill that attitude of "We Are The Best" or the Bulls will continue down the path of just another team in the BE. And I don't see Holtz doing that but I could be wrong.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Who's paying that $50 million exit fee? I'm thinking nobody. ACC is locked up tight, unfortunately. Would love to see FSU or Miami dip out and us scoot in...otherwise we are stuck in the JUCO league.

Maryland and FSU voted against fee, so expect a court case, also when FSU and Maryland to Big 12 was being discussed $20 million for Maryland was going to be hard (they are in financial ruins right now) but UA was proposing to pay at least $5million. UA wants to turn Maryland into Oregon (Nike) of the East.

Well I hope you're right. Otherwise we are stuck in this trash conference forever.

Trash conference ? Really ? With the new setup we will almost always get access to one of the major bowls - guarentee lost - yes - but probability of 95 % still there and I will take that. Throw in the fact that under the perfect scenario a BE team could get into the play-offs. New TV contract worth alot more. Maybe it is just me but with Aresco out front I see great upside for the BE. Now USF with Skip - not so much but I hope I am wrong.

Yes. Trash Conference. We get the same "access" C-USA and all the other sub-par conference's get, awesome. Don't kid yourself into thinking this was good for the BE, it wasn't. Aresco did what he could with a dying conference, and I applaud him for that, but the Big East is well on it's way to irrelevancy. UL and Rutgers will leave eventually and further implode the conference. PS, the new TV contract and bowl games will be split among all of these Big East teams...and will pale in comparison to Pac-12, Big10, Big12, ACC, SEC money (as well as their split of profits)

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

we need GOR's to lockup everyone. that is the only way to have the Big East be safe from poachers(since we are an endangered animal lol)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

Who's paying that $50 million exit fee? I'm thinking nobody. ACC is locked up tight, unfortunately. Would love to see FSU or Miami dip out and us scoot in...otherwise we are stuck in the JUCO league.

Maryland and FSU voted against fee, so expect a court case, also when FSU and Maryland to Big 12 was being discussed $20 million for Maryland was going to be hard (they are in financial ruins right now) but UA was proposing to pay at least $5million. UA wants to turn Maryland into Oregon (Nike) of the East.

Well I hope you're right. Otherwise we are stuck in this trash conference forever.

Trash conference ? Really ? With the new setup we will almost always get access to one of the major bowls - guarentee lost - yes - but probability of 95 % still there and I will take that. Throw in the fact that under the perfect scenario a BE team could get into the play-offs. New TV contract worth alot more. Maybe it is just me but with Aresco out front I see great upside for the BE. Now USF with Skip - not so much but I hope I am wrong.

Yes. Trash Conference. We get the same "access" C-USA and all the other sub-par conference's get, awesome.

These type posts always remind me of a blogger's assessment ...

"They are a 15 year old program who has lived a pretty easy life so far. Like a sheltered, upper-middle class teenager, USF has benefited immensely by geographic and demographic circumstances, and has grown up in a world where they went from literally nothing to a competitive BCS program in 8 short years. In a football sense, their fanbase is pretty **** spoiled. And as we know, kids who are spoiled tend to be short on patience, and don't often know how to deal with adversity when it finally and inevitably hits them in the face."

Well if it is "ALL ABOUT THE MONEY" then freaken Duke and Miss should have great teams here real soon.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Yes. Trash Conference. We get the same "access" C-USA and all the other sub-par conference's get, awesome.

These type posts always remind me of a blogger's assessment ...

"They are a 15 year old program who has lived a pretty easy life so far. Like a sheltered, upper-middle class teenager, USF has benefited immensely by geographic and demographic circumstances, and has grown up in a world where they went from literally nothing to a competitive BCS program in 8 short years. In a football sense, their fanbase is pretty **** spoiled. And as we know, kids who are spoiled tend to be short on patience, and don't often know how to deal with adversity when it finally and inevitably hits them in the face."

126241595774352634_wNpM3jZE_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

Trash is too kind. This league is a dump.

You're excited that we share a seat at the table with cdoa the WAC and the sun belt? Look at the garbage in this league, you excited for @sdsu or smu? We share a league with ucf now, its pathetic

I'm down for more shakeups, things can't get any worse