• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Different perspective on jumping conference - WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

money ain't everything; when wvu gets used to being in the bottom of B12 it will get old. ask canes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Lol who cares, has anyone looked at the conference we're in lately? I'd take 0-12 for 3 straight years in any other league to get out of this joke

Was going to write something pretty close to this...

Conference Big mountain eastern USA is awful.

In that regards a Baltimore radio station is pegging Maryland to Big 10. (BIG 16)

Link?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Lol who cares, has anyone looked at the conference we're in lately? I'd take 0-12 for 3 straight years in any other league to get out of this joke

Was going to write something pretty close to this...

Conference Big mountain eastern USA is awful.

In that regards a Baltimore radio station is pegging Maryland to Big 10. (BIG 16)

Link?

Who's paying that $50 million exit fee? I'm thinking nobody. ACC is locked up tight, unfortunately. Would love to see FSU or Miami dip out and us scoot in...otherwise we are stuck in the JUCO league.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

http://www.971thefan.com/

Sorry Columbus radio pegging Maryland to Big 10.

Also SVP making the case

Scott Van Pelt â€@notthefakeSVP

@TuxedoYoda @semicorrect @davebiddle Your conference now resonates there with a stake in the ground. "Footprint"is the word of the moment

As for WVU recruiting yes, most players came from Fla until recently and that will get harder to do, with the move to the Big 12 more of a national footprint is needed and 4-6 kids from Florida will become the norm. Now the sale to parents seeing their kids play is right now only 1 WVU game has not been Tier 1&2 either on FX, FOX and ESPN/ABC nationally. It was the JMU game that was Tier 3 residence. With FX the noon games at WVU have been plentiful and will continue to be as PAC and Big 12 games will happen later on the central and west coast.

One of the other sales of WV is getting kids out of the inner cities, and not having a PRO team for fans to compete with, thus kids up here are seen like pros. (Some say Steelers here but its 90 minutes away)

WVU needs to target 4-6 kids a year from Florida and Texas area, 2-4 from PA, 2-4 from NJ, 2-4 from DC and NoVa areas. Add in a few elsewhere and that is the base for WVU's future.

Right now WVU has 3 Florida recruits, and looking at a few more - Robbins a CB, James a DE (WVU), Adams a WR, Slot options Johnson a WR (Zona) as I prefer Janarion Grant a WR or Daryl Chestnut who I think staff prefer, RB - JoJo Kemp (WVU or Nebraska)

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Targets

Right now the staff is actually recruiting better Fla talent but on a limited basis as our recruting has gotten better with a staff change.

This is why I used the "Kragthorped" above, as I believe with a staff change of Holtz to someone like Taggart a boost in local Tampa recruiting will help USF.

Again note the second college team I follow is USF and Bucs are my NFL team.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Who's paying that $50 million exit fee? I'm thinking nobody. ACC is locked up tight, unfortunately. Would love to see FSU or Miami dip out and us scoot in...otherwise we are stuck in the JUCO league.

Maryland and FSU voted against fee, so expect a court case, also when FSU and Maryland to Big 12 was being discussed $20 million for Maryland was going to be hard (they are in financial ruins right now) but UA was proposing to pay at least $5million. UA wants to turn Maryland into Oregon (Nike) of the East.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Maryland and FSU voted against fee, so expect a court case, also when FSU and Maryland to Big 12 was being discussed $20 million for Maryland was going to be hard (they are in financial ruins right now) but UA was proposing to pay at least $5million. UA wants to turn Maryland into Oregon (Nike) of the East.

Maryland will lose even more in another conference. Their fans act like they are a great team yet they barely win the the less than stellar ACC. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

http://www.971thefan.com/

Sorry Columbus radio pegging Maryland to Big 10.

Also SVP making the case

Scott Van Pelt â€@notthefakeSVP

@TuxedoYoda @semicorrect @davebiddle Your conference now resonates there with a stake in the ground. "Footprint"is the word of the moment

As for WVU recruiting yes, most players came from Fla until recently and that will get harder to do, with the move to the Big 12 more of a national footprint is needed and 4-6 kids from Florida will become the norm. Now the sale to parents seeing their kids play is right now only 1 WVU game has not been Tier 1&2 either on FX, FOX and ESPN/ABC nationally. It was the JMU game that was Tier 3 residence. With FX the noon games at WVU have been plentiful and will continue to be as PAC and Big 12 games will happen later on the central and west coast.

One of the other sales of WV is getting kids out of the inner cities, and not having a PRO team for fans to compete with, thus kids up here are seen like pros. (Some say Steelers here but its 90 minutes away)

WVU needs to target 4-6 kids a year from Florida and Texas area, 2-4 from PA, 2-4 from NJ, 2-4 from DC and NoVa areas. Add in a few elsewhere and that is the base for WVU's future.

Right now WVU has 3 Florida recruits, and looking at a few more - Robbins a CB, James a DE (WVU), Adams a WR, Slot options Johnson a WR (Zona) as I prefer Janarion Grant a WR or Daryl Chestnut who I think staff prefer, RB - JoJo Kemp (WVU or Nebraska)

http://westvirginia....ootball/Targets

Right now the staff is actually recruiting better Fla talent but on a limited basis as our recruting has gotten better with a staff change.

This is why I used the "Kragthorped" above, as I believe with a staff change of Holtz to someone like Taggart a boost in local Tampa recruiting will help USF.

Again note the second college team I follow is USF and Bucs are my NFL team.

How does this even REMOTELY compare with the Kragthorping that Louisville received, and that appears to be going on with our getting Kragholtzed? Just stop already. Dana Holgorsen is only a small cog in the wheels that took you to the Big 10 - this is something your university, read AD and univ prez, thought would be in the best interests of your athletics. Just cut out the garbage whining and come up with a new term, Kragthorping doesn't apply here.

*edited for spelling

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Well I hope you're right. Otherwise we are stuck in this trash conference forever.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well I hope you're right. Otherwise we are stuck in this trash conference forever.

Trash conference ? Really ? With the new setup we will almost always get access to one of the major bowls - guarentee lost - yes - but probability of 95 % still there and I will take that. Throw in the fact that under the perfect scenario a BE team could get into the play-offs. New TV contract worth alot more. Maybe it is just me but with Aresco out front I see great upside for the BE. Now USF with Skip - not so much but I hope I am wrong.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

money ain't everything; when wvu gets used to being in the bottom of B12 it will get old. ask canes.

So true and when the dust settles I wonder how some of the teams that left the BE feel when they had succsess in the BE and now just tread water in another conference not going to BCS bowl games etc.