• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Who were the BCS programs that were looking into Holtz after last season? Really........... Why would they go after him after last years performance.

Only one I can remember was UNC and he wasn't really a leading candidate there.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Who were the BCS programs that were looking into Holtz after last season? Really........... Why would they go after him after last years performance.

Didn't most everyone think USF was going to be considerably better this season than last years 5-7 disaster. I could see other programs chalking it up to being a transition.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Thought Arkansas was another program. Correct me if I am wrong

They didn't fire Petrino until way too late in the cycle to replace him. He may have been this season, but that's right out now.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

People at the level that are searching for head coaches, by nature, don't tend to be as myopic as fans are ..

Seems like a broad brush there Triple B. I can think of several dumb coaching seaches. The last two coaching searches by the Buccaneers didn't seem too particularly brilliant.

I would restate that as "People at the level that are searching for head coaches, by nature, think they aren't as myopic as fans are but that isn't oftentimes the case."

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

What's sad is that it will be difficult to get up for games for the next few years until he's gone. Agreed, he seems like a great guy; blah, blah, blah, but at this point in his tenure we should see some forward progress - not regression.

So we fire a coordinator or two at the end of the season, and plow forward through continued 6-6 seasons (if we're lucky), until this Holtz experiment is over. The only light I see at the end of this tunnel is coming from the train barreling down on the wreck of the holtz regime.

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Skip has a good agent.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

Seems like Skip and Woolard have addressed all the right things at this point. They hear us. Now can we move on and talk about football baby!? :thumbsup:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not as concerned whether Doug wants Skip gone as I am whether the players do.