• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I have no inside info to the locker room... I've just had direct conversations with 4-5 players on both sides of the ball that implied the team has quit on the staff.

ive had over 9,000 conversations with them and they say they havent quit. Over 9,000.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This is only going to get worse, because we are going to collect another loss when we visit Papa Johns in two weeks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

amazing how big a difference two wins can make

if we beat Ball State and Temple-- we're sitting at 4-2 and maybe the board isn't going ape****

nah-- we would still be moaning about something (and perhaps rightly so)

I don't know what you're talking about. If this team was 4-2 the board would be going on about how we're going to finish 10-2 (6-1) and go to the orange bowl. All or nothing, baby!

it's like people stop reading after two sentences

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I have no inside info to the locker room... I've just had direct conversations with 4-5 players on both sides of the ball that implied the team has quit on the staff.

Have any more insight like why they are quitting on the staff?

I have no insight and talked to no one, but listen to the defensive player comments after the Ball State loss about playing more like a USF front 7 and being aggressive. I took that as they were trying to do something schematically that wasn't who they thought we were.

I just want to add onto that, because I have similar feelings. Based on some of the quotes we've heard this year, I really think it goes back to approach and what the coaches stress in practice. It sounds like they really stress the players gap assignments (or assignments in general) to the point of overkill. Meaning the players are so focused on the gap assignment, they begin to lose some of their natural instincts in reading the plays and reacting.

I had a coach in high school that did a similar thing to me briefly. I was playing RB in a system that if we would run, would be out of the power I most of the time. Our problem was we were on our third string FB and having problems with the lead block. I remember my coach stressing so much to me that the hole isn't go to be there for very long because of our FB and that I need to hit the hole as fast as I possibly can. They really drilled that into me, to the point that during the game thats all I was focusing on was being right up that FB's butt and hitting the hole. Problem being I lost track of actually reading the play and the whole line and looking for cut back lanes or opportunities to bounce outside. I struggled for a few games having them tell me that until I realized I just need to rely more on my instincts. To me, it really seems like the players on defense are having a similar problem, as I can't count how many times I've seen the linebackers get caught up on the line getting blocked and not being able to shed and move with the flow of the play.

Just my observations though.

Have any more insight like why they are quitting on the staff?

Well, Ghost is Mike Lanaris and just got sick of all the negativity on message boards.

wat

Just doing a little trolling. For some reason you seemed the best person to pick. No one would believe Skin Graft could play football. He's way to bald for that.

lold. Its fine I was just confused. Wasnt sure if I had made a Lanaris reference in the past or something.

shut up Lanaris

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

ive had over 9,000 conversations with them and they say they havent quit. Over 9,000.

2135056392-1.jpg

9000 is a lot

cliff notes?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I talked to someone in the "know" that said BJ only knows 25 plays. Of course I have no idea if that's true, but it sounds great on a message board. :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I talked to someone in the "know" that said BJ only knows 25 plays. Of course I have no idea if that's true, but it sounds great on a message board. :stirpot:

Is that a low #? Sounds like a lot to me lol

perfect trolling is you are shooting for a smazza rant/haiku