• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

"As has been our practice in the past, we will evaluate the status of each of our 19 programs at the conclusion of their respective seasons. We'll identify where we are as a football program at that time and continue to build from there.''

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Sensible statement, still an idiotic contract extension and I hope Woolard doesn't let it cloud his decision making at the end of the season

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

"he extended the contract of football coach Skip Holtz last summer, even after a 5-7 bowl-less season, because he felt it was "important to maintain the stability and continuity of leadership in our football program'' after Holtz had been pursued by other schools."

yeah, because it would've been TERRIBLE if another school would have poached our coach that led us to a bowl less 5-7 season. with as much skill talent as we have compared to other teams in our conference, we should NEVER have a sub .500 season....and our conference record last year speaks for itself. maybe once our higher end recruits start backing out of committments, which will happen, woolard will finally open his **** eyes! either that, or judy needs to open his eyes for him.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

The guy made a statement and to me it made sense. Now, we will just have to wait to see how the season unfolds and see if Woolard holds true to his statement at the end of the year if this thing doesnt turn around.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

The secrecy with which those contract extensions occurred (at a public university) should not be tolerated. We should not stand for it and demand this be looked into.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

Who were the BCS programs that were looking into Holtz after last season? Really........... Why would they go after him after last years performance.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The guy made a statement and to me it made sense. Now, we will just have to wait to see how the season unfolds and see if Woolard holds true to his statement at the end of the year if this thing doesnt turn around.

He said they evaluate the programs and see where things stand at the end of each season.

That doesn't mean that if USF finished 2-10 that Holtz will be fired. It means that Woolard will evaluate the situation and go from there.

At a minimum I think Holtz is back next year. I think 2-10 means we get at least one new coordinator, but otherwise I don't see a whole lot changing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

The secrecy with which those contract extensions occurred (at a public university) should not be tolerated. We should not stand for it and demand this be looked into.

Didn't they have a press release about the extensions?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Who were the BCS programs that were looking into Holtz after last season? Really........... Why would they go after him after last years performance.

People at the level that are searching for head coaches, by nature, don't tend to be as myopic as fans are ..