• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip analysis on the team..... Do you agree??? I dont...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

I think most coaches use 'consistency' when they don't have anything specific to say.

We need to score more consistently while consistently keeping the opposition out of the end zone.

I think the thing we're missing is that this guy doesn't get hoppin' mad or show any emotion, unlike most other coaches.

It's kind of like, "well, we need to make some improvements on both sides of the ball, and we're

fortunate that giant sinkhole didn't open up and swallow the field, as that would have been an

even larger hole to get out of. Other than that..."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yep. Tony Dungy never won a thing with that calm demeanor. Well, except for year after year of playoffs and a Super Bowl. But other than that, clearly the calm and rational coach can never win.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Yep. Tony Dungy never won a thing with that calm demeanor. Well, except for year after year of playoffs and a Super Bowl. But other than that, clearly the calm and rational coach can never win.

Are you really going to equate Dungy to this garbage? Please DB, don't be THAT guy. Skippy Kragholtz is NO Tony Dungy. TD would never put up with the passionless play of this team and he NEVER, and I repeat NEVER would have hired Chris Cosh. You're out beyond left field where they keep the dumpsters on this one.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

skippy kragholtz is no Tony Dungy. Tony didnt make stupid excuses and his teams played with emotions

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

I think nfl is a little different than college...the pros don't need that intensity or fire from their coach to feed off of....that's why they are in the nfl...they bring that themselves every down....

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I knew Tony Dungy. Tony Dungy was a friend of mine. And Skip Holtz is no Tony Dungy.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

I totally agree with him regarding the turnovers. Turnovers are huge and if we lose the turnover margin each game we will lose each game. Turnovers were a huge factor against Rutgers and FSU. Interesting statistic, the team with more turnovers loses 78% of the time. If we'd won the turnover margin each game we would not be in this situation, but the inability to create turnovers is a reflection of the poor coaching on defense. Also... Daniels gives the team at least one interception per game.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I saw an interview from one of the Colts players back when Dungy was HC, said that while Dungy never used profanity or cursed or yelled at the top of his lungs, he made sure you knew he was upset in the locker room and on the training ground. Perhaps Skip has the calm part correct, maybe even too calm, but he definitely isn't rational. It's like comparing Vick to BJ. Yeah, BJ and Vick can scramble better than they can throw but that doesn't mean BJ is anything like Vick.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I once heard Derrick Brooks say if Tony told you he was disappointed it was like a stake in the heart.

All Holtz ever is is proud.