• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip analysis on the team..... Do you agree??? I dont...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know what Skip is talking about. We are consistent... we consistently lose!!!!

Tony Dungy had the respect of his players, I don't think Skip does. Tony Dungy had passion for his players, his team, and winning, I don't think Skip does. Tony Dungy knew how to coach, I don't think Skip does.

Skip is no Tony Dungy and never will be. I don't know why we are even comparing the two.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

The topic is if you agree with Skip.

NO!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I totally agree with him regarding the turnovers. Turnovers are huge and if we lose the turnover margin each game we will lose each game. Turnovers were a huge factor against Rutgers and FSU. Interesting statistic, the team with more turnovers loses 78% of the time. If we'd won the turnover margin each game we would not be in this situation, but the inability to create turnovers is a reflection of the poor coaching on defense. Also... Daniels gives the team at least one interception per game.

Most of BJD's INTs have come at the end of halves because we are trying to play catch-up and score as fast as possible. BJ has done a much better job this year than in previous years in not turning the ball over in the middle of games/drives. Of course, that is with the exception of the Rutgers game, where they all just took lucky bounces into the hands of RU players. We could have won that game easily. We played better than them. Such a shame we are in this situation. Just like last year, we are a handful of plays from being 4-2/5-1.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ghost, we got dominated by Temple, start to finish. Physically manhandled.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A USF defense beat on a run around the end over and over? WTF?????

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

+1

Coming off the way we played against FSU, this should have never happened. Why does the team always play up to big opponents and down to everyone else? Now temple probably feels they could have created the upset against FSU. We should pretend we are playing Alabama every week, maybe we will get some good things going.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

No I know. Im not saying we havent. This team lacks that spark.

I'm saying we have been close in ALL of our losses going back to last year(with the exception of Pitt). We have been a handful of plays from winning. In this game, we were a 3rd and 1 away from kicking it in for the win. Instead, we run wide and then get our kick blocked. Just baffling really.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

A USF defense beat on a run around the end over and over? WTF?????

They ran around us and through us. They had 2 pretty good backs. #2 was a little fast dude about the size of Hopkins.

#8 had about 135 yards. If you don't know about him, Montel Harris, he is Boston College's all time leading rusher and was one of the best running backs in the country a couple of years ago. He got hurt and then released by the team. He had one year of eligibility left and went to Temple. He's a great running back and Addazio is a good offensive coach. No match for Cosh.

In hindisght, this is the kind of offensive team we normally struggle against when they have a good ruuning game.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

On turnovers, yes I agree with Holtz. On reevaluating things from defensive coaching and offensive coaching, yes I agree with Holtz. However, the big miss here is that Holtz controls all of these strings and simply cannot get out of his own way.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Right now this team has no fire and little desire. My feeling is that the players have no conviction in Holtz, which is demonstrated out on the field.