• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ does not suck, but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

B.J. should automatically start rolling on every snap. He's better that way.

I feel really bad for him. You can see how much effort he is giving. Wish I could see that same fire in the other guys.

He actually seems to throw better short passes when he is stiff arming a lineman with his off hand... can't figure that out. But for sure, he is giving a lot of effort, and from some of the coaches comments sounds like he takes the losses pretty hard.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

BJ was ok this game? What game did you watch? 1st quarter-wide open receiver with no one near him, potential big yardage play, and BJ skips the ball to him! Did you not see that? You think that is ok?

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

BJ was ok this game? What game did you watch? 1st quarter-wide open receiver with no one near him, potential big yardage play, and BJ skips the ball to him! Did you not see that? You think that is ok?

1 series I believe. He was on his back foot under pressure (there's a shock) and had to hurry the throw.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Traincar... That was 3rd and 18 and the coaches had him throwing an eight yard pass (and yes he skipped it). Terrible play calling. If you need 18 yards, you throw a deep comeback, a drag, a wheel route... but not an eight yard out. Inexcusable call that BJ obviously has to move forward with.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475

The offense is not why USF lost. The opening drive went the length of the field and lasted almost eight minutes, but was a field goal instead of a touchdown because of some penalties. Can't remember if they were legit or not, lots of ******** penalties called in this game. The first touchdown drive was also good, and those two drives combined ate up like 14 minutes of the first half. Then there was the clutch 99-yard drive. USF's offense played well enough to win, but once again inability to make a stop on third-and-long by the defense loses the game.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Really? you pick out one play and thats proof of anything? Yes lets focus on one play and ignore the 19-30 pass attempts, 312 yds passing, 3TDs and 75 yds rushing.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

I think everyone misses a pass or two. He made far more plays than he missed today. If we have a consistent pocket passer back there we probably don't score all day, there was no protection and he did a great job making plays with his feet. In any game you can point to a pass a QB should have made or a read he should have picked up on. ANd for sure, the short passes and especially ones that require a bit of touch are BJs biggest weakness, but he brings a lot of other things. This game was only close because of how well he played.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

To me it looks like BJ is giving it everything he has. At least you know he isn't giving up, even though he may be a little inconsistent, he still always tries to find a way to win. Now some of the other guys I see walking around on the field, I'm not so sure they give a ****.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

He's human. Almost every qb play bad at least one series. Our defense almost play bad in every series.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

Glad to see (most) fans stick up for BJ. I thought he played well and is obviously giving effort. I also question the effort of some of the other players but mainly the coaching. We have no killer instinct. Our whole defense looks lost and confused. Even when they are in the right position for a stop they just wait for the play to come to them instead of attacking the football.