• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ does not suck, but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Its not BJ

I called it months ago. I said the success of this team will depend on the lines. Our games will be won in the trenches. Our receivers are fine, BJ is fine, and our secondary(surprisingly) is fine. Our RBs could do better, but much of their success depends on the O-Line so their shortcomings are vouched for. Our D-Lines cant get to the QB/RB and our O-Line cant open up room for the run or protect the pocket for BJ. Doesnt matter if Roddy White and Calvin Johnson are your receivers if BJ can only throw to them while running off his back foot because he has 3 enormous defensive linemen trying to eat him. We needed our sumo wrestler and Mr. Lynch really bad this year.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Agreed generally. But they had only 8 possessions on Saturday. FG, punt, touchdown, halftime (int), FG, touchdown, touchdown, end of game (int).

We scored on 5 of 8 possessions (they scored on 5 of 7).

a bcs team should be able to score more than 27 on a mac team

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

It is this competence from B.J. Daniels that has me entertaining hopes of a legendary day from him to upset the Noles this week. We literally have not much else that will allow us to upset a team like the Seminoles, unless our defensive line plays like it's 2009.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

a bcs team should be able to score more than 27 on a mac team

While true, they cannot when the defense cannot get the ball. OY

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I defend BJ as much as anyone on here (high bar I know), but he has to keep all the running going up field. That stuff tha works against ball state of backtracking and running behind the line of scrimmage will end in disaster against the types of athletes fsu has.

It is this competence from B.J. Daniels that has me entertaining hopes of a legendary day from him to upset the Noles this week. We literally have not much else that will allow us to upset a team like the Seminoles, unless our defensive line plays like it's 2009.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Nobody that is sane would consider BJ a great QB. I certainly would prefer the protypical pocket passer with some mobility and real pocket presence. But Bj is an okay to sometimes good QB who does make plays when they are not there.If you want to say he is less than consistent, I would agree too. But, if others were playing better , I doubt USF would win the Big East but we would get better results. I wish BJ was the only problem on this team.