• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow ND to the ACC! Now what for the BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

He continues to be at it with the BE. Who knows anymore?

MHver3 â€@MHver3

Espn now offering to sweeten the pot for the B12-renegotiation-if we expand with 2 Big East teams. Now giving us five to choose from

Some of his speculation has been right.

that guy is throwing darts blindfolded. you're bound to hit the board once or twice.

there is nobody left in the big east that would increase value of big 12. if they did it might be for $1M or $2M more per team just because of champ game. I highly doubt espn is willing to pay $26M EACH for 2 teams from BE. that would only increase payout $1M per school.

Texas doesn't want to go to 12. they don't want a champ game. it would make it harder for them to make playoffs. it would also make it harder for 2 big 12 teams to get selected.

any additional money espn would offer would be like chicken feed to texas. texas athletic department took in a little over $150m last year. you think they care about an additional $1 or $2m that might come with adding 2 more teams? adding 2 more for $2M more per school would cost espn $68M. ain't gonna happen.

Louisville and Natti would increase the value more then it is right now without them... heck USF and UCF would increase the value... granted not much but it will increase the value none the less.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

MHver3 â€@MHver3

Espn now offering to sweeten the pot for the B12-renegotiation-if we expand with 2 Big East teams. Now giving us five to choose from

that guy is throwing darts blindfolded. you're bound to hit the board once or twice.

there is nobody left in the big east that would increase value of big 12. if they did it might be for $1M or $2M more per team just because of champ game. I highly doubt espn is willing to pay $26M EACH for 2 teams from BE. that would only increase payout $1M per school.

Texas doesn't want to go to 12. they don't want a champ game. it would make it harder for them to make playoffs. it would also make it harder for 2 big 12 teams to get selected.

any additional money espn would offer would be like chicken feed to texas. texas athletic department took in a little over $150m last year. you think they care about an additional $1 or $2m that might come with adding 2 more teams? adding 2 more for $2M more per school would cost espn $68M. ain't gonna happen.

Louisville and Natti would increase the value more then it is right now without them...

Incorrect. Texas' AD will be looking for TV sets to expand the Longhorn network and this is where USF has an advantage.

Louisville and Cincinnati do not increase the value of the TV deal that the Big 12 already has.

Edited by South_Florida_Flip

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

MHver3 â€@MHver3

Louisville and Natti would increase the value more then it is right now without them... heck USF and UCF would increase the value... granted not much but it will increase the value none the less.

not per team. on any of those.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94 - again only has it half right, remember the uniamous $50 mil vote that you said happened

He right UT doesnt want a championship game and is money breakdown is right, but the bowl game with SEC might require it.

EsPN can afford and will afford paying Big 12 if it guts BE for NBC

The 5 teams i believe would be UL, USF, RU, UConn and Cincy

Also warchant is thinkibg FSU can get out for $20me mil if before 2013 season

I remember you saying it was a lock for clemson and fsu to move to big 12.

I stand corrected on vote. doesn't change the fact that if there was an imminent move like you suggest(you even go so far as saying Uofl would pay part of FSU's $50m buyout) it would have happened before the buyout was raised to $50M. either big 12 doesn't want fsu or fsu doesn't want big 12. or neither see it as a good move.

bowl game with SEC will be both conferences #2 teams most years. not sure why a champ would be insisted upon.

there is no way ESPN would pay big 12 $64M a year to take in UofL and USF. ESPN doesn't care about Uofl and USF that much.

That would essentially give each conference member a $2M raise. texas wipes it's ass with $2M. That just over 1% of what texas athletic department took in last year before they get TV money bump.

You think they want to add 2 more teams that could take away playoff spot from them for a mere $2m per year???

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Bull94 - again only has it half right, remember the uniamous $50 mil vote that you said happened

He right UT doesnt want a championship game and is money breakdown is right, but the bowl game with SEC might require it.

EsPN can afford and will afford paying Big 12 if it guts BE for NBC

The 5 teams i believe would be UL, USF, RU, UConn and Cincy

Also warchant is thinkibg FSU can get out for $20me mil if before 2013 season

I remember you saying it was a lock for clemson and fsu to move to big 12.

I stand corrected on vote. doesn't change the fact that if there was an imminent move like you suggest(you even go so far as saying Uofl would pay part of FSU's $50m buyout) it would have happened before the buyout was raised to $50M. either big 12 doesn't want fsu or fsu doesn't want big 12. or neither see it as a good move.

bowl game with SEC will be both conferences #2 teams most years. not sure why a champ would be insisted upon.

there is no way ESPN would pay big 12 $64M a year to take in UofL and USF. ESPN doesn't care about Uofl and USF that much.

That would essentially give each conference member a $2M raise. texas wipes it's ass with $2M. That just over 1% of what texas athletic department took in last year before they get TV money bump.

You think they want to add 2 more teams that could take away playoff spot from them for a mere $2m per year???

this. Texas runs the show in the Big12. They should just become independent. They would be as successful as Notre Dame has been, probably even more so.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I don't blame Doug or Judy for all this conference shuffling and USF getting left out, all the so called winners in this war are established programs. My anger returns to all the USF presidents and hippie professors who were dead set against football for all those years. They failed to realize the football is an extension of the marketing department and the front porch of the University. If USF began playing football in the 1960s our fan base and donor support would be significantly greater. We probably would of had some form of an on-campus stadium, and its hard to imagine that we would not have established rivalries with either UF, FSU, and Miami and most importantly we would probably have been offered ACC membership during their early rounds of expansion. (In my opinion our best and natural home to eventually land our program)

USF Football is just 15 years old. We have really not done anything spectacular. We were at the time one of if not the largest public universities without a football program. We also do not have a history of strong academics that would hold athletics back, so rising to Division 1 and having marginal success is not that great of a feat. We have a lot of potential and room for growth.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don't blame Doug or Judy for all this conference shuffling and USF getting left out, all the so called winners in this war are established programs. My anger returns to all the USF presidents and hippie professors who were dead set against football for all those years. They failed to realize the football is an extension of the marketing department and the front porch of the University. If USF began playing football in the 1960s our fan base and donor support would be significantly greater. We probably would of had some form of an on-campus stadium, and its hard to imagine that we would not have established rivalries with either UF, FSU, and Miami and most importantly we would probably have been offered ACC membership during their early rounds of expansion. (In my opinion our best and natural home to eventually land our program)

USF Football is just 15 years old. We have really not done anything spectacular. We were at the time one of if not the largest public universities without a football program. We also do not have a history of strong academics that would hold athletics back, so rising to Division 1 and having marginal success is not that great of a feat. We have a lot of potential and room for growth.

You are 100% correct. I said the same thing on this board two months ago. USF's first president hated sports and had no interest in USF athletics. Hell, it took 8 years just to get basketball.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I see your point, but I dont think we would be where we are today without Lee Roy Selmon. He is the one responsible for us leap frogging UCF. He was a great leader and had a vision for us. Without him we would have never left CUSA or even been admitted to CUSA. Sorry, but I feel your agrument is flawed.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I see your point, but I dont think we would be where we are today without Lee Roy Selmon. He is the one responsible for us leap frogging UCF. He was a great leader and had a vision for us. Without him we would have never left CUSA or even been admitted to CUSA. Sorry, but I feel your agrument is flawed.

Actually we were already in CUSA for all sports. It was only right to be in for football. As far as getting into the BEast, you can thank most UL for that. They wanted us. Big East listened. I'm sure Judy and Mr. Selmon had a great presentation, but Louisville and Jurich opened the door.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

Actually we were already in CUSA for all sports. It was only right to be in for football. As far as getting into the BEast, you can thank most UL for that. They wanted us. Big East listened. I'm sure Judy and Mr. Selmon had a great presentation, but Louisville and Jurich opened the door.

Hopefully Louisville will take us with them again if they get the Big12 invite.