• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow ND to the ACC! Now what for the BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Perhaps the NBC BEast contract was somehow impinging upon the Notre Dame NBC contract so Notre Dame got pissed and left for the ACC... the funny part is that this move is also a slap in the face of the BIG10 who has been whoring themselves out to the Irish for the past 30 years.

This will surely hurt our negotiations and will likely cause us to lose some money... in any event I hope we can get the TV contract inked and the exit fees doubled before the B12, BIG10, or ACC choose to go shopping for new teams again.

While this will likely hurt our TV contract negotiations I still see this as a positive because.... wait for it.... we can finally kick the catholic basketball schools out and make this conference into an all-sports conference!!!!

:yeahbaby:

Say good-bye Providence, St. Johns, Marquette, and DePaul!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out... We should keep Georgetown and Nova simply because they have football teams that could be upgraded over time, and have good basketball programs.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Say good-bye Providence, St. Johns, Marquette, and DePaul!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out... We should keep Georgetown and Nova simply because they have football teams that could be upgraded over time, and have good basketball programs.

Take Marquette out and Ill agree with you. They dont have a football team but they are an excellent basketball program. They would help us in that regard.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

This pushes the separation of BE FB and BB schools closer to its breaking point. Now the battle will be for which teams can keep the BE name and contracts and the others that can get an invite to another conference or in a start over conference or fall to CUSA or Sun Belt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Perhaps the NBC BEast contract was somehow impinging upon the Notre Dame NBC contract so Notre Dame got pissed and left for the ACC... the funny part is that this move is also a slap in the face of the BIG10 who has been whoring themselves out to the Irish for the past 30 years.

This will surely hurt our negotiations and will likely cause us to lose some money... in any event I hope we can get the TV contract inked and the exit fees doubled before the B12, BIG10, or ACC choose to go shopping for new teams again.

While this will likely hurt our TV contract negotiations I still see this as a positive because.... wait for it.... we can finally kick the catholic basketball schools out and make this conference into an all-sports conference!!!!

I'd keep Marquette and set Providence on fire

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Thank you conference re-alignment for screwing up another season.

Screw ESPN. Screw the ACC. Screw ND.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This move isn't a slap to the B10 at all. The only conferences that would take ND without football is the ACC and maybe the B12. If anything, it just makes the ACC look like what they are....the number 5 conference. I'm sure ND gave the B10 this option and they said all-sports or nothing. If anything, it makes the B10 look stronger.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

This hurts the possibility of an NBC contract too. ND will now be on ESPN as an ACC member. Previously they were in line to move with the Big East to NBC for all sports broadcasting.

Not sure about that since ACC games are on ESPN and now ND is playing 5 games against the ACC. It may make more room for the Big East on NBC.

ND still has a contract with NBC for football, I would assume, so which would take priority? I'm sure that's already worked out, though ...

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

ND vacating NBC can be good for the Big East. Just makes them even more desperate for programming.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This hurts the possibility of an NBC contract too. ND will now be on ESPN as an ACC member. Previously they were in line to move with the Big East to NBC for all sports broadcasting.

Not sure about that since ACC games are on ESPN and now ND is playing 5 games against the ACC. It may make more room for the Big East on NBC.

ND still has a contract with NBC for football, I would assume, so which would take priority? I'm sure that's already worked out, though ...

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is that NBC broadcasts all Notre Dame home games and no Notre Dame road games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

The only real overall positive this new cluster**** of a conference has is on the basketball side. Take the hoops schools out and then you are 100% the peer of CUSA and the SunBelt ...