• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Travis Johnson, WR Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Travis and Price on the field at the same time with Davis and Dvo? Yes please!!

Travis and Price could be our Gronk and Hernandez.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

This is commit Zach Benjamin's tweet in reference to Travis Johnson:

@TheBigBird11: Me and @IamFeedMe on the same team again ..? People already saw what we do to secondaries together !

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Somebody has been talking

PINELLAS PARK --

Could USF head coach Willie Taggart be reeling in another Bay-area player to USF?

Jesuit tight end Travis Johnson decommited from Miami Tuesday, the three-star athlete said over twitter.

"Decommitting from The University of Miami," Johnson said per his twitter account @IamFeedMe. "Opening up my recruiting up."

Johnson committed to the Canes back on July 25, and has since said his commitment was solid. As of Dec. 10, Johnson texted BHSN's Kat Smith saying he was offered by Memphis and said he was solid on his verbal commitment to Miami.

Phone calls to Johnson by BHSN have not yet been returned.

It's no secret Bulls coach Taggart has been courting the Bay-area superstar. He met with Johnson eight days ago.

"Met with coach Taggart HC from USF today," Johnson said over twitter Dec. 10. "Pretty chill dude."

The 6-foot-3, 231-pounder has offers from almost every major program in the country, but is said to be favoring the Bulls, Canes and Missouri. He hinted towards his decommitment earlier Tuesday.

"I'm about to make a bunch of (people) upset and then again a bunch happy with what I'm about to say lol," he tweeted.

Ryan Bass is a reporter for Bright House Sports Network. Find him on twitter, @Ry_Bass.

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

What taggart has done to recruiting in Tampa is crazy...he's shaking this whole thing up....and it bodes very well for us

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

What taggart has done to recruiting in Tampa is crazy...he's shaking this whole thing up....and it bodes very well for us

welcome to the new "U"

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

A tweet from Zach Benjamin re: Travis Johnson:

Zach Benjamin â€@TheBigBird11

Me and @IamFeedMe on the same team again ..? People already saw what we do to secondaries together !

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

only thing CWT could do more for recruiting would to make a music video with Jay Z. This guy is heating up

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/jesuits-travis-johnson-de-commits-um-considering-u/16089/

The mother of two-way Jesuit standout Travis Johnson told the Times on Tuesday she believes Missouri is her son's top choice following his de-commitment to the University of Miami.

A lifelong 'Canes fan, Johnson, projected as a tight end in college, reopened his recruitment Tuesday via Twitter by saying: "Decommitting from the University of Miami. Opening up my recruiting up (sic)."

Angela Hardy-Jones said her son's change of heart was mutual. Miami is facing looming NCAA sanctions in the wake of a rogue booster's claims he provided illegal benefits to dozens of 'Canes athletes and recruits for nearly a decade.

Additionally, Hardy-Jones said her recent attempts to reach two UM coaches instrumental in Johnson's recruiting have been futile.

"It was mutual," she said. "He saw the writing on the wall. He knew (potential NCAA punishment) was coming. Honestly, (the coaches) didn't even return my email. That's not good."

Hardy-Jones said she's expecting her son to make an official visit to Missouri after the NCAA's "dead period" for recruiting ends on Jan 3. He's slated to unofficially visit USF's campus Wednesday following a math final exam.

Deemed the nation's No. 3 tight end/H-back prospect by ESPN, Johnson's numbers dipped his senior year, when Jesuit was forced to resort to a run-oriented approach. He finished with 21 catches for 287 yards and two TDs.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hope he decides to stay home and be a Bull! Rep your city Travis!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

So an unofficial visit during the dead period? I guess he is just doing the standard campus tour and not meeting with any coaches or anyone in athletics? Is he able to get a tour of the athletics facilities?