• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Travis Johnson, WR Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Well we can only sign so many WR's in a class. You can't expect to get them all.

You do realize, we will sign him as a tight end.

what's your point?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

i was kind of getting this feeling after his decision to camp in Miami instead of at Superbull this weekend. Miami attracts a certain type of player and we attract a very different type of player. Guess he wasn't one of ours.

Hilarious.

Dammit, look who's back, oh ye of the upcoming Death Penalty. We really missed your insight HM.

And I missed your insight on the "death penalty" we won't be getting.

I think it's hilarious how much others are getting played by our PR strategy. I enjoy how we are messing with everyone's expectations ("we don't expect the NCAA to take action until after NSD").

This is why I laugh at you guys who treat every newspaper article as absolute truth, while you reject everything else as internet speculation.

Look, we will get the NoA before NSD. The NCAA investigators did their jobs. They turned up some additional stuff related to assistant coach frequent flyer miles benefits being given to family members of basketball players. It's not going to take the NCAA an additional year to draft the NoA when the investigation phase is essentially over. No more players, coaches, or administrators are scheduled to speak to the NCAA.

We will likely get the NoA during the football season, and then our response/NCAA hearing/announcement of penalties will probably stretch past NSD. But we will have a pretty good idea of what the NCAA found/what kind of penalties we can expect before NSD.

Best of luck to you guys. Seems like we have a shot to out-recruit you in Tampa again, even with our limited scholarships, but we'll see where it all shakes out in February.

Well we can only sign so many WR's in a class. You can't expect to get them all.

what's your point?

Oh, gosh, I have no idea. How about pointing out to the original poster that his excuse about not being able to sign more WRs is moot when the kid is a tight end.

i was kind of getting this feeling after his decision to camp in Miami instead of at Superbull this weekend. Miami attracts a certain type of player and we attract a very different type of player. Guess he wasn't one of ours.

Hilarious.

Those Hurricane guys laugh in the face of death (penalty).

Will you buy me a beer so we can have a few laughs when UM doesn't get the death penalty?

what's your point?

Oh, gosh, I have no idea. How about pointing out to the original poster that his excuse about not being able to sign more WRs is moot when the kid is a tight end.

I think his point was more so that you can't expect to get them all, wether its as a te or a wr

what's your point?

I think his point was more so that you can't expect to get them all, wether its as a te or a wr

But he specifically mentioned WR. Right now, you have 1 WR verbal and 0 TE verbals. So I don't understand the comment which, essentially, writes off a guy this early in the recruiting process as if you are stacked at WR and couldn't expect to get the guy.

It's funny, the F$U fans like to accuse the UM fans of downplaying things when F$U gets a verbal from a kid who also had a UM offer. I'm just confused, because some of the guys at the beginning of this thread were acknowledging that Travis is underrated. And he definitely needs to play TE, not WR.

That's all. I laughed when the one poster acted like there is a certain "type" of player who wants to go to UM, and that is somehow different from the "type" who goes to USF.

All I see is a very talented and underrated TE from Tampa who chose to go to Tight End U and play for a former tight end.

I just think you guys need to recruit your own backyard harder, as Golden seems to be able to pull the Tampa talent that he wants.

Best of luck to you guys in the BE this year.

Edited by Hurricane Mutiny

what's your point?

But he specifically mentioned WR. Right now, you have 1 WR verbal and 0 TE verbals. So I don't understand the comment which, essentially, writes off a guy this early in the recruiting process as if you are stacked at WR and couldn't expect to get the guy.

It's funny, the F$U fans like to accuse the UM fans of downplaying things when F$U gets a verbal from a kid who also had a UM offer. I'm just confused, because some of the guys at the beginning of this thread were acknowledging that Travis is underrated. And he definitely needs to play TE, not WR.

That's all. I laughed when the one poster acted like there is a certain "type" of player who wants to go to UM, and that is somehow different from the "type" who goes to USF.

All I see is a very talented and underrated TE from Tampa who chose to go to Tight End U and play for a former tight end.

I just think you guys need to recruit your own backyard harder, as Golden seems to be able to pull the Tampa talent that he wants.

maybe he said wr because every recruiting sight had him listed as a wr. As far as not being our type of player, that's just dumb because if he switched his commitment to us, there would be a bunch of happy people.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

what's your point?

Miami pulls from Tampa, USF pulls from ORL and Miami and JAX, UF pulls from Tampa, MIA and JAX. All this backyard crap, is just silly. Some kids want to get a ways from Mama. I will waste no more keystrokes on Hurrican't trolls. Go talk to someone who wants to read the sputum you cough up.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Mutiny, you're as arrogant and condescending as a Gator fan.

Have you gone to the boards for every school that gave him an offer to boast and feed your ego?

Obviously if we offered him our staff thought he could be a contributor to our program. Also Miami thought the same. he chose your camp and to verbal to the canes. He may or may not change his mind and sanctions may or may not be a factor. Until the i's are dotted and t's crossed on NSD things can change.

I don't understand your need to come to our board and defend your universities NCAA Violations and sanctions in our recruiting forums with a tone of condescending arrogance.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

what's your point?

Yeah, best of luck to you guys sitting home in Dec-Jan too.What happen's when we come to to Stipper U and whup you again. Gonna come back and take your medicine? We all know better than that, You only come on here after a pathetic 6-3 victory or UM get some kid that was dazzled by South Beach. Get your hollow victories while yo can, gonna be some rough sledding ahead for the criminals. Edited by Bullwinkle