• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Travis Johnson, WR Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

“@Bulls247: TE Travis Johnson tells Bulls247 he's no longer considering Miami, sets 2 official visits

I think the visits will be USF and Mizzou

Very nice, btw .... :thumbsup:

don't encourage him :D

Link?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

“@Bulls247: TE Travis Johnson tells Bulls247 he's no longer considering Miami, sets 2 official visits

Link?

I will save you the work Bullwinkle

http://www.tampabay....dering-u/16089/

Tue. December 18, 2012 | Joey Knight | Email

blog%2Fimages%2Flead%2Fblog_images_lead_feedme_001.jpg

The mother of two-way Jesuit standout Travis Johnson told the Times on Tuesday she believes Missouri is her son's top choice following his de-commitment to the University of Miami.

A lifelong 'Canes fan, Johnson, projected as a tight end in college, reopened his recruitment Tuesday via Twitter by saying: "Decommitting from the University of Miami. Opening up my recruiting up (sic)."

Angela Hardy-Jones said her son's change of heart was mutual. Miami is facing looming NCAA sanctions in the wake of a rogue booster's claims he provided illegal benefits to dozens of 'Canes athletes and recruits for nearly a decade.

Additionally, Hardy-Jones said her recent attempts to reach two UM coaches instrumental in Johnson's recruiting have been futile.

"It was mutual," she said. "He saw the writing on the wall. He knew (potential NCAA punishment) was coming. Honestly, (the coaches) didn't even return my email. That's not good."

Hardy-Jones said she's expecting her son to make an official visit to Missouri after the NCAA's "dead period" for recruiting ends on Jan 3. He's slated to unofficially visit USF's campus Wednesday following a math final exam.

Deemed the nation's No. 3 tight end/H-back prospect by ESPN, Johnson's numbers dipped his senior year, when Jesuit was forced to resort to a run-oriented approach. He finished with 21 catches for 287 yards and two TDs.

Edited by dznick51

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Link?

I will save you the work Bullwinkle

http://www.tampabay....dering-u/16089/

Tue. December 18, 2012 | Joey Knight | Email

blog%2Fimages%2Flead%2Fblog_images_lead_feedme_001.jpg

The mother of two-way Jesuit standout Travis Johnson told the Times on Tuesday she believes Missouri is her son's top choice following his de-commitment to the University of Miami.

A lifelong 'Canes fan, Johnson, projected as a tight end in college, reopened his recruitment Tuesday via Twitter by saying: "Decommitting from the University of Miami. Opening up my recruiting up (sic)."

Angela Hardy-Jones said her son's change of heart was mutual. Miami is facing looming NCAA sanctions in the wake of a rogue booster's claims he provided illegal benefits to dozens of 'Canes athletes and recruits for nearly a decade.

Additionally, Hardy-Jones said her recent attempts to reach two UM coaches instrumental in Johnson's recruiting have been futile.

"It was mutual," she said. "He saw the writing on the wall. He knew (potential NCAA punishment) was coming. Honestly, (the coaches) didn't even return my email. That's not good."

Hardy-Jones said she's expecting her son to make an official visit to Missouri after the NCAA's "dead period" for recruiting ends on Jan 3. He's slated to unofficially visit USF's campus Wednesday following a math final exam.

Deemed the nation's No. 3 tight end/H-back prospect by ESPN, Johnson's numbers dipped his senior year, when Jesuit was forced to resort to a run-oriented approach. He finished with 21 catches for 287 yards and two TDs.

That was already posted on this thread ... #48.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Travis Johnsonâ­ â€@IamFeedMe

Gotta love reporters... Joey knights article is WRONG all over. None of that information came from me

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Travis Johnsonâ­ â€@IamFeedMe

Gotta love reporters... Joey knights article is WRONG all over. None of that information came from me

GOOD! Lets go Travis, rep your city! GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Care to elaborate?

Not really... but he's not entirely correct.

How do you know what he is thinking?

I don't.... but I do know where he's scheduled his two visits.

Also, he didn't take an unofficial visit to USF this week... didn't even step foot on campus.

Care to elaborate?

Not really... but he's not entirely correct.

How do you know what he is thinking?

I don't.... but I do know where he's scheduled his two visits.

Also, he didn't take an unofficial visit to USF this week... didn't even step foot on campus.

Welp, if you're correct, that sucks.

Why does that suck? It's a dead period... unofficial visits are not permitted even if they're initiated by the player. If TJ had visited USF it would have been a violation. TJ can call the staff but that's about it.

Why does that suck? It's a dead period... unofficial visits are not permitted even if they're initiated by the player. If TJ had visited USF it would have been a violation. TJ can call the staff but that's about it.

How would an unofficial visit have been a violation? Can't really stop local kids from coming on campus if they want to, can they?

I don't make the rules.... As far as I'm aware the only permissible contact is by telephone right now and it has to be initiated by the player.