• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transforming off-campus housing (The Edge and formally Fontana Hall)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If only they could take out John Knox Village.

this. what is that doing there? Seriously?

Its either owned by or strongly affiliated with the hospital next door to it.... John Knox isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, but it absolutely kills Fletcher Avenue on our North border. Can you imagine if they could build storefronts with housing above them, make it a walking distance hangout for students. Not to mention that **** Senior Zone, which to me is unlawful and nothing more than a speed trap.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Its either owned by or strongly affiliated with the hospital next door to it.... John Knox isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, but it absolutely kills Fletcher Avenue on our North border. Can you imagine if they could build storefronts with housing above them, make it a walking distance hangout for students. Not to mention that **** Senior Zone, which to me is unlawful and nothing more than a speed trap.

They could do the storefronts with the new complex that'll be built where the Edge is/was.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Couldnt agree more. So much wasted potential. No disrespect to senior citizens, but a senior home across the street from a University? what?

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

I think the attraction for that demographic is all of the medical facilities in the area. As was mentioned, these facilities are only going to become more in demand as the population increases.

What we need to be doing is supplying buses from these facilities to our sporting events on campus and get them involved in the university, as a whole. Who knows, maybe one or more of them will buy a locker, endow a scholarship, a faculty position or help build a stadium on campus?

The worst part is the 35mph 'senior zone'....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

The top legal speed anywhere on campus is 30 mph. For safety, 35 or 40 mph should be the top speed allowed on the stretch of Fletcher bordering USF campus with all the congestion with cars, bikes, pedestrians, poor lighting at night, jaywalkers, motorscooters, etc.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

The top legal speed anywhere on campus is 30 mph. For safety, 35 or 40 mph should be the top speed allowed on the stretch of Fletcher bordering USF campus with all the congestion with cars, bikes, pedestrians, poor lighting at night, jaywalkers, motorscooters, etc.

I dont have a problem with the speed limit. I agree, it should go down a little bit around campus anyway.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I've yet to see one senior citizen walking around Fletcher Ave. I am, however, looking forward to seeing what gets accomplished with that "Fontana Hall" property. I wish we'd get some mixed (residential/commercial) in that area. There are really no good bars within walking distance of the campus. And beforeI get tarred and feathered, I don't consider the Copper Top or CDB's "walking distance" from the residence halls.

I've yet to see one senior citizen walking around Fletcher Ave. I am, however, looking forward to seeing what gets accomplished with that "Fontana Hall" property. I wish we'd get some mixed (residential/commercial) in that area. There are really no good bars within walking distance of the campus. And beforeI get tarred and feathered, I don't consider the Copper Top or CDB's "walking distance" from the residence halls.

They redid the liquor store that was in front of the Greenery...but I don't think the bar is open behind it still. Shame, with all the new student housing right next door. Place would make $$$$$