• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transforming off-campus housing (The Edge and formally Fontana Hall)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

John Lewis just tweeted that the town is coming down today at Fontana... bit of sadness...

They started off slow but it's been coming down quickly the past couple days.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160

Sorry to see the old Fontana Hall go. I never lived there but during my undergrad years of 1983-1986 i spent many nights over there visiting friends and girls, going to the Greenery, etc.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It's a shame that the Greenery is no more.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Had some good times at the Greenery. Was nice to be able to walk there from Fontana

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160

Crikey, when did the Greenery close? That place was the definition of a "USF institution". :(

Edited by Esteban879194

Crikey, when did the Greenery close? That place was the definition of a "USF institution". :(

Man, I can't remember. I'd guess maybe 10 years or so ago. And the old Whistle Junction location off Fowler that was allegedly purchased by Orlando-based Scoop for a college-themed bar has been stagnant for quite a few years. I've heard that the land use and zoning department in Temple Terrace is a beast to work with.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

Man, I can't remember. I'd guess maybe 10 years or so ago. And the old Whistle Junction location off Fowler that was allegedly purchased by Orlando-based Scoop for a college-themed bar has been stagnant for quite a few years. I've heard that the land use and zoning department in Temple Terrace is a beast to work with.

Greenery was open in 07, last time I think I was there...

The old Whistle Junction would be the perfect place for a sports bar, or bar of any sort really...I read an article though that it was either local businesses or churches maybe didn't want another bar around. They were even going to offer free shuttle service to/from USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I believe there's a church right behind that building...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Greenery was open in 07, last time I think I was there...

The old Whistle Junction would be the perfect place for a sports bar, or bar of any sort really...I read an article though that it was either local businesses or churches maybe didn't want another bar around. They were even going to offer free shuttle service to/from USF.

That place has had a "Scoops Bar and Grill coming soon" sign on it since I moved here 5 years ago.

May have been a good thing it never happenend: Scoops is owned by UCF grads (there's one by UCF's campus)

http://www2.tbo.com/news/northeast/2008/jul/25/scoop-bar-grill-replace-former-whistle-junction-ar-221957/

That place has had a "Scoops Bar and Grill coming soon" sign on it since I moved here 5 years ago.

May have been a good thing it never happenend: Scoops is owned by UCF grads (there's one by UCF's campus)

http://www2.tbo.com/...tion-ar-221957/

Meh, so is Tijuana Flats, and they're down the street on Fowler. I hope something gets done with the Whistle Junction/Scoops property. I'd love to see some mixed development around the university, it'd give it a much better feel and vibe.

Edited by Paisa el Toro