• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grade Woolard's job as AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I give Woolard a C+

I agree w Smazza, he's done some good things but nothing great.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

A - The success this year in basketball, baseball and softball can be tied directly to the facilities upgrades and coaching decisions Woolard has made. Both soccer teams have also benefited from the same. USF Athletics have clearly taken a huge step up under Woolard.

I don't see how the basketball team success is tied directly to the facility upgrade. In my opinion it comes from the recruiting and play of Anthony Collins, who will end up being the most valuable (not best) basketball player usf has ever had. The savior.

“I thought South Florida was cool, the atmosphere was just great and the weather there is great just like Houston’s,†said Collins. “I really like the campus and facilities they have and all the new stuff their building is going to be awesome.†http://southflorida..../2/1059254.html

Plus, the extra time the players had to work on their game in a dedicated facility. The facilities appeared to be a important factor, Herm ...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I would give him a solid B, he has made the most of what he had to work with. At this level players and coaches have to execute. If we are giving greater weight to football, most of us seem to agree that our players and coaches have underperformed.

My only complaint is the game day experience at Raymond James Stadium which I do feel is under the Universities control to some extent. To me the gameday experience is just bland, regardless of how many people are in the stadium. Home football games are one of the main vehicles which instills university pride, and certainly one of the best means of advertising we have. For the vast majority of people this will be their only experience with USF athletics. There have been posts about this in the past so no need to go into details.

We pay people to "put on the show" so I think it is fair game to hold them accountable. Now if they are not under the athletics umbrella, then my bad and it is not Wollards responsibillty. Also if the Glazers are preventing us from doing a lot of things at the stadium, then again my mistake.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I would give him a solid B, he has made the most of what he had to work with. At this level players and coaches have to execute. If we are giving greater weight to football, most of us seem to agree that our players and coaches have underperformed.

My only complaint is the game day experience at Raymond James Stadium which I do feel is under the Universities control to some extent. To me the gameday experience is just bland, regardless of how many people are in the stadium. Home football games are one of the main vehicles which instills university pride, and certainly one of the best means of advertising we have. For the vast majority of people this will be their only experience with USF athletics. There have been posts about this in the past so no need to go into details.

We pay people to "put on the show" so I think it is fair game to hold them accountable. Now if they are not under the athletics umbrella, then my bad and it is not Wollards responsibillty. Also if the Glazers are preventing us from doing a lot of things at the stadium, then again my mistake.

Good point. Our sports marketing in general is pretty bad. Is Woolard responsible for this?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

At this point, I'd give him a solid B+ but ask me again next year when we see if the success the non-football sports had this year is sustained (mostly speaking on basketball).

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I think Woolard has done a good job for us. Has really helped strengthen the USF athletics program as a whole as well has having new facilities. Overall, he and Genshaft are a great team.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I think Woolard has done a good job for us. Has really helped strengthen the USF athletics program as a whole as well has having new facilities. Overall, he and Genshaft are a great team.

Yes, that's another plus on his job performance, new facilities. It was great to see the softball complex in HD on ESPN3. Really great looking venue. Can't wait to see basketball next season from the newly renovated Sun Dome.

The last time I was at the Sun Dome:

$(KGrHqJ,!q4E-ZbU(K-7BPvg9H73Nw~~60_12.JPG

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I wasn't sure, but as of now I'd say B.

New baseball, softball, soccer stadiums. Renovated Track stadium. New basketball complex, remodeled sun dome. I thinkt he Athletics building was done on his watch. Hiring of Stan Heath. Hiring of Holtz under duress after things went awry. Teams in post season in mens bball, womens bball, football (except last season), softball, mens soccer. All are arguments for an "A"

If any negative, it was not helping us get better OOC football opponents and better games. Also handling of the Big East conference changes is suspect. Also last year's drop off in football points to some assistant changes being necessary. AD should have worked to get Holtz to make some changes there. Now Holtz is definitely on hot seat this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

Been great on facilities but, until the conference dust settles enough for us to see the future landscape of the college sports business model who can say? The real big boys of college football are not satisfied to get the lion's share. Afraid of even the slightest possibility of growing parity arising out of the limitation on scholarships and expansion of college cable broadcasting, the BCS bullies, with the help from their co-conspirators at ESPN, want to obliterate competition from any up and comers by making it too expensive to operate in light of the possible return in television revenue. I expect the athlete stipend to be the last nail in this coffin for many schools. Hopefully, when all is said and done, we are not on the outside looking in. If Doug can avoid that, then I'll give him high marks. Until then, school is still in session.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

in terms of success/dollars spent I say he's doing a hella great job. Begin bit__ing about $, by a certain poster in...3...2...1

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2012/02/08/how-much-does-your-university-spend-on.html