• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grade Woolard's job as AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I - Incomplete

I need to see where the next round of conference realignment lands USF athletics - either in one of the five other conferences or in a weaker Big East. While the facilities upgrades have been key and we have seen some improvement in our non-football sports, let us remember that football drives the majority of the perception of the athletic program. Success on the football field lately has been mixed at best, but Woolard's grade will ultimately be tied to where all of USF athletics lands in conference relaignment.

Let's check back in a couple of years.

I agree with brybull. I have been hard on Woolard, and rightfully so. I give him an Incomplete as well and that is a move up from the F I gave him just last year.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

A - The success this year in basketball, baseball and softball can be tied directly to the facilities upgrades and coaching decisions Woolard has made. Both soccer teams have also benefited from the same. USF Athletics have clearly taken a huge step up under Woolard.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

I - Incomplete

I need to see where the next round of conference realignment lands USF athletics - either in one of the five other conferences or in a weaker Big East. While the facilities upgrades have been key and we have seen some improvement in our non-football sports, let us remember that football drives the majority of the perception of the athletic program. Success on the football field lately has been mixed at best, but Woolard's grade will ultimately be tied to where all of USF athletics lands in conference relaignment.

Conference realignment is more in Judy's court than Woolard's ... and some improvement in non-football sports?? 3 out of the top 4 non-football sports have their best season in history, with one Incomplete, is some improvement? Give me a ******* break. Dozer says it best ...

photo-5766.gif

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

All ADs grades would be incomplete until they leave and you look back at their accomplishments. I would give Woolard a B for his grade to date.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Last time I checked this position term was "Athletic" director, not "football is the only thing that matters" director.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

A minus.

His job is to manage the donors, hire the coaches, and give them the tools to do their job. He's done very well in this.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Solid B.

He has been instrumental in creating the vision for the athletic village and has seen it through to most of its completion. He has also overseen the development of most of our sports programs so they are at a competitive level

In his time here he has brought the athletic department to the doorstep of true success. The next step needs to be a conference and tournament championship in one or more of the major sports. I also don't like to judge things (either negatively or positively) on the results of just one year. Let's see if our programs can stay at this level and win consistently for several years.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I - Incomplete

I need to see where the next round of conference realignment lands USF athletics - either in one of the five other conferences or in a weaker Big East. While the facilities upgrades have been key and we have seen some improvement in our non-football sports, let us remember that football drives the majority of the perception of the athletic program. Success on the football field lately has been mixed at best, but Woolard's grade will ultimately be tied to where all of USF athletics lands in conference realignment.

^^^^ Nailed it

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I will defer to the end of this football season and then give a letter grade. We have all the ingredients to win the BE this year. Although outside of football, he has done a great job.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

I - Incomplete

Conference realignment is more in Judy's court than Woolard's ... and some improvement in non-football sports?? 3 out of the top 4 non-football sports have their best season in history, with one Incomplete, is some improvement? Give me a ******* break. Dozer says it best ...

photo-5766.gif

Conference realignment is very much about how your athletic programs fare and draw. This is all about eyeballs on TV for football and to a lesser degree basketball. Why else would the Big East want Boise State? Their baseball program? No, they were the best available performing football program that will draw on TV.

As great as beaseball and softball has been this year, those sports will have zero impact on where USF lands. If Woolard can get us into the Big 12 or the ACC, then he will get an A+ from me. If we land in a re-branded version of C-USA then I would probably give him a D+. I think the upgrades to the facilities have been helped by being in the Big East.

Like it or not, Woolard will be judged by what conference USF eventually lands in.

Neither will football. How great has Syracuse football been the last decade? Boise State was added to the BE because of a need for an upper level football program. The conferences you're aiming for don't need that. Football is not a driving factor for them. There's so many things that are going into these decisions that are basically out of Woolard's control ... Bottom line is he can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Take off your Green and Gold Goggles. It would be great to get into one of the real "BCS" conferences but a glorified CUSA is right about where we should be after 15 years of existence.