• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Smith calling out players for lack of....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like the coaches are tired of the nonsense. I say it's about time but the coaches need to look at themselves as well, there were some games lost based on extremely poor defensive alignments, poor play calling, poor clock management, and poor player personnel decisions. There were plenty of Bulls fans who had lost faith that our coaches had the mental toughness to actually coach the team to wins. I'm just sayin'.... ;)

+1

Neither side was very mentally tough last year. Hopefully both can adjust. Otherwise, significant changes may be required.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,749

I couldn't understand Greg at the end. He asked if someone was going to be okay, and coach responded he is jogging full speed. Can anyone tell who they are talking about?

He is referring to Jalen Spencer who has a leg injury. Think it was a broken Tibia.

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I couldn't understand Greg at the end. He asked if someone was going to be okay, and coach responded he is jogging full speed. Can anyone tell who they are talking about?

He is referring to Jalen Spencer who has a leg injury. Think it was a broken Tibia.

I was thinking he was talking about Bivins who had knee surgery and is getting close to being back

• Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking he was talking about Bivins who had knee surgery and is getting close to being back

Maybe 3rd time is a charm haha. I'm pretty sure he meant John (not Josh) Lejiste

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

How about the lack of talent? Clearly dissipating and its going to get more apparent every year.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm not a fan of this kind of "honesty". Keep your business in the house. Yell, cuss, slap away, but, it shouldn't get to the media.

This is a power trip. If anyone of your bosses did something that would be equivalent to this to you, you'd be looking for a new job tomorrow. These guys don't have that opportunity. A transfer costs them a year minimum, and it's not like they even have that option until next year really. I really have an issue with blaming the Louisville loss on Baker. That is complete BS. How many games should Skip come out and say that BJ cost us? Smith is just up on his soap box because he knows that he has these kids by the short hairs and there isn't a thing that they can do about it.

Honestly, how many people would prefer to be slapped than talked about like this in the media with the internet age the way it is. These comments won't go away. A slap is quick and a private matter among the team. But, I guess that's too "old-school" for some while blasting 75% of your players to the media is just the right amount... and "honest".

Bottom line, you win as a team and lose as a team. For a coach to say that a player cost them the game is absolutely ridiculous. How about giving that player your 6 figure salary and see if they do better next time. Maybe Holtz has put the pressure on him, so, he's deflecting and trying to take everyone's eyes off of his lack of progress with these guys.

Someone said something about showing these kids that this is the "big time"... Tell me... how many of them were recruited to play BCS football? I believe that most of them all had multiple offers to play BCS football... now... tell me who slid into this cushy position with a huge salary because they were riding the coat tails of Skip Holtz? So... it occurs to me that someone else may need the "This is the BIG TIME" reality check?

Then you have the remaining coaches from Leavitt's staff still paid well below these C-USA bums that Skip brought along for the ride.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

You can't be soft and play football on any level. It is a violent game. He spends more time with his kids than we do. so I'm pretty sure he knows what they respond to.

• Content Count:  1,720

The DB play last year was pathetic, I'll tell you h'wut.

Honestly, it was embarrassing to watch at times. How can these players be in Div.1 and play defense like that. They would give receivers about 10yds of space.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The DB play last year was pathetic, I'll tell you h'wut. Honestly, it was embarrassing to watch at times. How can these players be in Div.1 and play defense like that. They would give receivers about 10yds of space.

That was my biggest complaint. I have to think that is because the coaches told them to play that way.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The DB play last year was pathetic, I'll tell you h'wut. Honestly, it was embarrassing to watch at times. How can these players be in Div.1 and play defense like that. They would give receivers about 10yds of space.

That was my biggest complaint. I have to think that is because the coaches told them to play that way.

Complained about this all year

Archived