• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Smith calling out players for lack of....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You realize there is a strong possibility that the reason we played 10 yards off is because our db's aren't talented enough to play closer right? You also realize that the reason we played so vanilla on offense was due to a severe lack of talent at WR right?

If you dont think this team was horrible last year and just played poorly in the 4th qrtr then I don't know what to tell you. You should watch some tape.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

You realize there is a strong possibility that the reason we played 10 yards off is because our db's aren't talented enough to play closer right? You also realize that the reason we played so vanilla on offense was due to a severe lack of talent at WR right?

If you dont think this team was horrible last year and just played poorly in the 4th qrtr then I don't know what to tell you. You should watch some tape.

Haha I definitely don't need to watch tape to know whats going on here. On offense you don't have to have an extreme amount of talent to run simple crossing patterns. Instead we throw 15 screen plays a game hoping it will work. It's an awful scheme. Yes I realize the lack of trust in BJ, but then why not run the ball? I remember specifically in the uconn game we were running the ball well but we kept going away from that to run screens. Also, do you think any team in the Big East this year has a better WR corp than us? I would say no way so that argument is off.

On defense, then why did it only happen in the 4th? why would our defense be stingy and strong, and then with 3 minutes left everyone all of a sudden drives down the field? did these guys just forget how to play? I don't think so

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We could have all the WR talent in the world, but, even Jerry Rice in his prime couldn't catch some of the passes that our guys are getting. Maybe they are ALL running the wrong route though...

Back to the DBs, I won't argue that they are or aren't talented, but, if they truly have no talent, wouldn't you think that you would want to build them up to the media. Make them feel like super-stars so that they play with confidence? It really takes a very talented person to raise their game when the feel like garbage about themself. Even less talented people can play well if they have confidence. And, if for instance, George Baker has no talent, how can you blame him for a loss? You know he sucks, you put him out there, what did you expect?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Haha I definitely don't need to watch tape to know whats going on here. On offense you don't have to have an extreme amount of talent to run simple crossing patterns. Instead we throw 15 screen plays a game hoping it will work. It's an awful scheme. Yes I realize the lack of trust in BJ, but then why not run the ball? I remember specifically in the uconn game we were running the ball well but we kept going away from that to run screens. Also, do you think any team in the Big East this year has a better WR corp than us? I would say no way so that argument is off.

On defense, then why did it only happen in the 4th? why would our defense be stingy and strong, and then with 3 minutes left everyone all of a sudden drives down the field? did these guys just forget how to play? I don't think so

D got tired, 10 yards off was because we couldn't cover man, when we did we got burned.

Archived