• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Smith calling out players for lack of....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Here is the video interview. Someone is laughing to the remarks made throughout video...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks for the video.

He says, "Maybe, I'm speaking out of turn."

After this interview, I think Holtz will have a word with him.

I like his honesty. It is refreshing. But, sometimes a coach has to know what to say and what to not say to the media.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Looks like they've flipped the switch a bit at USF..... I freaking love this guy...Maybe it's my redneck background but this guy reminds me of that old school football coach.... The dude laughing in the background is priceless...

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

As long as he is talking the same way in person to them I think the openness and honesty is great.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Talked to him for 15 - 20 minutes one time. I'm sure he is saying the same thing to them in person. He may not have been so calm when he told them. :) I love this guy.

• Content Count:  3,802

After reading Greg's blog post I had a bit of a problem with it. After seeing the interview, I have none.

He's just motivating these guys to be tougher, he praised just about each and every one of them and then made a "motivating" comment as well.

I'm especially encouraged to hear the great review of Kayvon. Hoping he has a big senior season and gets drafted. One of my favorite Bulls.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, we sure are a fickle bunch of fans, some blast Coach Skip for being too soft, then we blast his coaching staff when they are too tough. I have no problem with what Coach Smith said, last years play demonstrated a lack of mental toughness in the 4th qtr and the players have an entire summer to work on mental toughness.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I couldn't understand Greg at the end. He asked if someone was going to be okay, and coach responded he is jogging full speed. Can anyone tell who they are talking about?

• Content Count:  4,259

Sounds like the coaches are tired of the nonsense. I say it's about time but the coaches need to look at themselves as well, there were some games lost based on extremely poor defensive alignments, poor play calling, poor clock management, and poor player personnel decisions. There were plenty of Bulls fans who had lost faith that our coaches had the mental toughness to actually coach the team to wins. I'm just sayin'.... ;)

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Wow, we sure are a fickle bunch of fans, some blast Coach Skip for being too soft, then we blast his coaching staff when they are too tough. I have no problem with what Coach Smith said, last years play demonstrated a lack of mental toughness in the 4th qtr and the players have an entire summer to work on mental toughness.

this. couldve finished in the top 25 if we showed the mental toughness of a newborn antelope in the 4th quarter.

Archived