• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Smith calling out players for lack of....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

That a coach can say this violation to the media about players that are not allowed to be paid is pathetic.

What would the reaction on this board be if a player "kept it real" about smith?

Hypocrisy

Fire Smith

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

That a coach can say this violation to the media about players that are not allowed to be paid is pathetic.

What would the reaction on this board be if a player "kept it real" about smith?

Hypocrisy

Fire Smith

It's a free education that "normal" students have to pay for every year. I'd love to have played on scholarship and received a free education because of it, even if my coach talked **** about me. I'm still paying student loans. Like the guy above me said, it's a tough game. Hopefully, this motivates them. It's just words.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If this is the same way coach talks in front of his players, there's no issue here. However, if this is the first time his players hear this, and they hear it thru the media, big issue.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Hypocrisy

Fire Smith

It's a free country, if they don't like it, they can quit. If the players "kept it real" and it was true, then so what.

• Content Count:  66,091

about time

usf has played way too soft and too dumb for too long

that said i am afraid the bulls simply dont have the talent to go far in the big east

• Content Count:  66,091

How about the lack of talent? Clearly dissipating and its going to get more apparent every year.

did you see last year

our talent level is not on par with rest of conference

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

How about the lack of talent? Clearly dissipating and its going to get more apparent every year.

did you see last year

I strongly disagree with this whole "we don't have the talent" bs. Defensively we held Miami who has more talent on Offense than at least anyone in THIS years big east to 6 points and that was with putrid offense and not much rest. We didn't really get torched by any team until late in the 4th quarter. That's not missing talent, that's a mixture of coaching/conditioning/ and mental toughness. The game vs Pitt is the only game I would say we truly looked outmatched in and that was a Thursday night and we know how those go for USF. You can't say we don't have the talent that "x" team does in this conference because I would say we are near if not at the top of the list in most athletic team in the Big East.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Baker did lose us the Louisville game. Got burnt more than just the last play. That play he got burnt on for the touchdown was just ridiculous, he even looked back at the guy and watched him catch it and knew. Happens alot with him, doesnt know the defense well enough it seems.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

did you see last year

I strongly disagree with this whole "we don't have the talent" bs. Defensively we held Miami who has more talent on Offense than at least anyone in THIS years big east to 6 points and that was with putrid offense and not much rest. We didn't really get torched by any team until late in the 4th quarter. That's not missing talent, that's a mixture of coaching/conditioning/ and mental toughness. The game vs Pitt is the only game I would say we truly looked outmatched in and that was a Thursday night and we know how those go for USF. You can't say we don't have the talent that "x" team does in this conference because I would say we are near if not at the top of the list in most athletic team in the Big East.

So we looked that horrible last year strictly because of coaching? I doubt that. Holtz is bad, but not that bad.

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

did you see last year

So we looked that horrible last year strictly because of coaching? I doubt that. Holtz is bad, but not that bad.

We didn't look horrible. People let the 4th quarter determine their whole view of the game. Yes it's important when evaluating W/L but not when evaluating talent. That's like saying Tebow is a good QB because he does decent in the 4th but awful in every other. It's not just holtz, it's whoever is telling this kids to play 10 yards off the receiver, prevent defense against Cincy with a minute left, vanilla schemes late in games like WVU, UM, Ville, etc. To say we don't have the talent to compete in the Big East is absurd.

Archived