• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tourney talk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Looking at it - I think USF has to get to 18 wins in regular season. Right now Realtime RPI (which I feel is best indicator other than Lunardi) says you go 16-14 (10-8) in Big East. Therefore imo USF has to get to 12-6 in BE play. Even then it might put USF on the fence so winning 2 games in BE tourney (getting 20 wins) would put you in, imo. The start of the season really beat up USF, especially ODU, Auburn and Penn St.

http://www.realtimer...pi_225_Men.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Too premature to be having this discussion. Our schedule is seriously backloaded, and if, god forbid, Collins goes down, we have no PG that even comes close to the stabilizing effect he's had on our offense.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls take on Marquette tonight. That program has been a thorn in our school's side going back to the C-USA years. Like Brian Williams said last night, "Go Bulls!"

This.

I could be wrong, but even though somebody different seems to be stepping up each game, it's Collins' steady improvement at point that's mainly responsible for our good record so far. Watching us play a couple games back with both Dority(?) and Collins on the bench - even for a few minutes - was very painful.

You guys obviously didn't watch the Nova game .... Blake came in when AC went down, played pretty much the whole second half, and did an outstanding job. 12 pts, 6 assists to only 1 turnover. This is definitely AC's team but if he goes down I don't think it's near as dire as you're thinking it is .... Now, with Dority bailing out on the team, it does looks pretty ugly with both AC and NAsh not on the floor .... very reminiscent of last year.

But with Nash limited right now with his back injury, who takes over at point? Poland? Robertson? Noriega? McCloskey?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Too premature to be having this discussion. Our schedule is seriously backloaded, and if, god forbid, Collins goes down, we have no PG that even comes close to the stabilizing effect he's had on our offense.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls take on Marquette tonight. That program has been a thorn in our school's side going back to the C-USA years. Like Brian Williams said last night, "Go Bulls!"

This.

I could be wrong, but even though somebody different seems to be stepping up each game, it's Collins' steady improvement at point that's mainly responsible for our good record so far. Watching us play a couple games back with both Dority(?) and Collins on the bench - even for a few minutes - was very painful.

You guys obviously didn't watch the Nova game .... Blake came in when AC went down, played pretty much the whole second half, and did an outstanding job. 12 pts, 6 assists to only 1 turnover. This is definitely AC's team but if he goes down I don't think it's near as dire as you're thinking it is .... Now, with Dority bailing out on the team, it does looks pretty ugly with both AC and NAsh not on the floor .... very reminiscent of last year.

But with Nash limited right now with his back injury, who takes over at point? Poland? Robertson? Noriega? McCloskey?

Probably Hugh ..... but it won't matter, we'll be screwed. I missed where Nash was still hurting. i assume that's why he only played 1 minute last game .... and is Noriega still out, too? he didn't play at all. I could have sworn in the pre game I heard them say that both would be available for DePaul.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I thought I read somewhere that the reason Nash was not available in the St. Johns game was because of flu-like symptoms. I just assumed they were still affecting him somewhat for the DePaul game.

I would think he would be over that by now.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Me thinks Noreiga and Nash are in the Heath doghouse.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our big east record doesnt lie

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Me thinks Noreiga and Nash are in the Heath doghouse.

Nash is still not near 100%. He still got a few minutes last night though

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Well... That was fun while it lasted.

Hopefully we bounce back and can continue talking Tourney in a few more games.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Well... That was fun while it lasted.

Hopefully we bounce back and can continue talking Tourney in a few more games.

NIT?

Would be a very successful season IMO.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Over the next 6 games we have a good shot to win at least 4 of the games (2 with Providence, 2 with Pitt, Villanova, @G'Town)

Archived