• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tourney talk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

We have been seeing alittle of Rudd running the point and the team actually has a nice twist when he is running the team. Short term he is ok. Long term with no AC would be real tough

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Right now our RPI, according to CBS, is #77. MU is RPI #11. So, it would help a great deal to beat them. To be on the NCAA bubble, our RPI would probably need to be around #50. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/SFL/south-florida-bulls

Well our RPI is #50 and we are on the bubble with four games to play in the regular season.

Let's keep it going!

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Right now our RPI, according to CBS, is #77. MU is RPI #11. So, it would help a great deal to beat them. To be on the NCAA bubble, our RPI would probably need to be around #50.

http://www.cbssports...h-florida-bulls

Good Call :D

http://www.cbssports...ings/rpi/index1

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

At the very least USF has to have a great chance at getting to the NIT now, right? I agree with those saying the tournament is unlikely to happen unless USF beats Syracuse and/or Louisville, but I'm still excited to see this team in a postseason tournament at all. It sure didn't seem likely a couple of months ago. And given how this team has seemed to get much better as the season has progressed, I think they could win at least a game or two. Could be a valuable experience for Rudd and Collins.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Supposedly, SHU is just a 2 point underdog to GT.

I think we are better off if SHU wins. That makes our best win against them look even better.

However, they are one of the last 4 teams in most brackets, so a loss to GT would hurt their chances, but I don't think that really helps us to get in.

Some people on here felt it was better for USF chances if Cincy beat SHU. I felt otherwise.

So, what's the consensus opinion on the SHU/GT game?

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Supposedly, SHU is just a 2 point underdog to GT.

I think we are better off if SHU wins. That makes our best win against them look even better.

However, they are one of the last 4 teams in most brackets, so a loss to GT would hurt their chances, but I don't think that really helps us to get in.

Some people on here felt it was better for USF chances if Cincy beat SHU. I felt otherwise.

So, what's the consensus opinion on the SHU/GT game?

I'm rooting for every team that is ahead of us to lose. All the bubble teams too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I think a SHU win improves our RPI. But we both are on the bubble. Its a tough call. Hopefully if Hall wins it is a blowout. The worst thing for us would be aGeorgetown blowout win.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

And it is February 20th and we are still talking NCAA tournament - How great is that ? for a team picked 14th in the BE preseason.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

And it is February 20th and we are still talking NCAA tournament - How great is that ? for a team picked 14th in the BE preseason.

Ding.

Archived