• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tourney talk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Stan is not the man. But you can thinking that. He last here forever because of patches of success, but it will never be long lived. And by Success I mean 1st round tournament loss. This guy can't coach any better that that.

Dude, you edited your post and it still came out like that??

lmao

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Stan is not the man. But you can thinking that. He last here forever because of patches of success, but it will never be long lived. And by Success I mean 1st round tournament loss. This guy can't coach any better that that.

Dude, you edited your post and it still came out like that??

lmao

Cocaine's a hell of a drug

-Rick James

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Too premature to be having this discussion. Our schedule is seriously backloaded, and if, god forbid, Collins goes down, we have no PG that even comes close to the stabilizing effect he's had on our offense.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls take on Marquette tonight. That program has been a thorn in our school's side going back to the C-USA years. Like Brian Williams said last night, "Go Bulls!"

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

If Lunardi can talk about it so can we. Just even thinking about it this far into the season is a treat. Now for all you "NOT GONNA HAPPEN". If you watch the way the Bulls have played they really have done it with defense which is something that works night in and night out. You don't have to worry about that star going cold and your done. Sure we have not beaten top 10 teams but we are beating teams by a good margin and what I am seeing is a team that wins - not just getting lucky with the bounces. The road game at Marq will give us an idea of how good the team can be. If I could bet I would take the 10.5 in a heart beat and put my money on the BULLS.

Just a side note - after watching the Syracuse game last night I don't see anyway of beating them but I wouldn't be suprised to see a 45-38 game. You have two teams that play excellant defense. I mean Cuse was unreal in their zone. Man they are so well coached.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Stop with the tourney talk, best is NIT.

http://rivals.yahoo...._believe_012312

The Bulls have been winning with defense. They haven’t allowed more than 65 points since giving up 70 to Kansas on Dec. 3, and they have held each of their past five opponents to 60 points or fewer. They have held 15 opponents this season to 60 or fewer. Their defensive prowess makes up for a mediocre offense; only two players average in double figures, the Bulls have more turnovers than assists and they shoot just 33.2 percent from 3-point range.

Actually, if the author had done a little more research, focusing on BE statistics, he would have had a clearer picture showing that, although defense has been key, the offense has been pretty efficient in areas also .... We're 1st FT %, 3rd in FG %, 5th in 3pt %.

As far as the bolded items, we have 1 more assist than turnover in conference play and are shooting .354 from 3-point rage which is 5th in conference to SHU's .400.

Having said that, the road gets a lot rougher from here on out and I still agree that it's way too early to be seriously talking about any post season play yet ...

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls take on Marquette tonight. That program has been a thorn in our school's side going back to the C-USA years.

Even earlier .... I still can't forget Chucky's missed throws in the NIT Quarterfinals up there.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls take on Marquette tonight. That program has been a thorn in our school's side going back to the C-USA years.

Even earlier .... I still can't forget Chucky's missed throws in the NIT Quarterfinals up there.

Good God I remember that well. We were that close to playing at MSG in the final four for the NIT. All time classic USF choke.

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

I was on the phone that night cussing him out because i had a buddy pass on Delta to fly up the next day to see the game. I did somethings with a woman who could be a contestant in the pig farmers of america BBW beauty pagent to obtain the the airline ticket to see the next game then clunk. I had nightmares for years about that turn of events.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Too premature to be having this discussion. Our schedule is seriously backloaded, and if, god forbid, Collins goes down, we have no PG that even comes close to the stabilizing effect he's had on our offense.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls take on Marquette tonight. That program has been a thorn in our school's side going back to the C-USA years. Like Brian Williams said last night, "Go Bulls!"

This.

I could be wrong, but even though somebody different seems to be stepping up each game, it's Collins' steady improvement at point that's mainly responsible for our good record so far. Watching us play a couple games back with both Dority(?) and Collins on the bench - even for a few minutes - was very painful.

This.

I could be wrong, but even though somebody different seems to be stepping up each game, it's Collins' steady improvement at point that's mainly responsible for our good record so far. Watching us play a couple games back with both Dority(?) and Collins on the bench - even for a few minutes - was very painful.

You guys obviously didn't watch the Nova game .... Blake came in when AC went down, played pretty much the whole second half, and did an outstanding job. 12 pts, 6 assists to only 1 turnover. This is definitely AC's team but if he goes down I don't think it's near as dire as you're thinking it is .... Now, with Dority bailing out on the team, it does looks pretty ugly with both AC and NAsh not on the floor .... very reminiscent of last year.

Archived