• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought we were scared to play UCF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

We have 6

Chattanooga and FSU plus 4 BE games

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We can wait a year.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

UCF might get Oklahoma in a home and home series with them traveling to Orlando in 2012.

funny how we think we have scheduling levrage over them when they are bringing in south carolina and possibly oklahoma for a 1 and 1 series at Brighthouse.

http://www.espnflorida.com/insider-ucf-to-host-oklahoma-in-2012/

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We can afford to wait a season to lower our standards...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

UCF might get Oklahoma in a home and home series with them traveling to Orlando in 2012.

funny how we think we have scheduling levrage over them when they are bringing in south carolina and possibly oklahoma for a 1 and 1 series at Brighthouse.

http://www.espnflori...lahoma-in-2012/

It's not that we have leverage over them, but we can't play a 1 game deal at UCF. UCF will be in the Big East next year. We would get no return game from playing them. Sure they might play at Tampa next year, ut that a BE conference game. If we played at UCF, then we'd be taking a money game against the Knights.

The game at the Citrus bowl was a good fair offer for all parties involved. It just didn't work out because UCF only had 5 home games.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It's not that we have leverage over them, but we can't play a 1 game deal at UCF. UCF will be in the Big East next year. We would get no return game from playing them. Sure they might play at Tampa next year, ut that a BE conference game. If we played at UCF, then we'd be taking a money game against the Knights.

The game at the Citrus bowl was a good fair offer for all parties involved. It just didn't work out because UCF only had 5 home games.

you may care about the finances as a fan more than i do.

have them pay us as a 1 and done. cheap travel. easy trip for fans. better game for us. I'm willing to bet it would work out better for us financially anyway.

.what's it going to cost for a trip to nevada? payouts will basically be a wash so we better sell a lot of tickets when they come here.we have to make up the difference in travel costs with the differnce in ticket sales just to break even. not sure they are much of a draw though and we better hope they don't back out.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Personally I'm not juiced about playing them again... not in a house, not with the mouse, not anywhere

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,599
  • Days Won:  424

have them pay us as a 1 and done. cheap travel. easy trip for fans. better game for us. I'm willing to bet it would work out better for us financially anyway.

Weren't you the one whining about an "embarrassing" schedule .... How embarrassing would it be to take a money game at UCF?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,599
  • Days Won:  424

Personally I'm not juiced about playing them again... not in a house, not with the mouse, not anywhere

Very nice ...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

.what's it going to cost for a trip to nevada? payouts will basically be a wash so we better sell a lot of tickets when they come here.we have to make up the difference in travel costs with the differnce in ticket sales just to break even. not sure they are much of a draw though and we better hope they don't back out.

I agree that playing @ UCF would be better than playing @ Nevada in 2012. However, with Nevada coming to Tampa at a later date makes Nevada a much better long term option. UCF doesn't have the money to do it. With the new TV deals in the big time conferences increasing their revenues by 15 million dollars a season the price of a one time pay game is going to go up exponentially very soon. There's no way UCF could give us enough to buy another game from a similar team in the future.

Archived