• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought we were scared to play UCF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Just got back on the board and catching up with all this UCF and Citrus Bowl stuff. I get we wanted a "neutral site" game with even splits on ticket/citrus bowl revenue but UCF needed a 6th home game for their sponsor and merchant obligations. Why can't we play at their OCS so it's a home game for their contractural obligations, but they give us 15,000 seats to sell that we keep the revenue for. Then it's a $500K payday for us and our fans are in 1/3 of the seats. Like it or not, we're conference partners now and we need to work together on the best solutions for both schools.

Because they have a crazy, high mortgage to pay for that wobbling wok of a stadium. Their hatred for our school apparently hasn't blinded their administration so much that they're willing to put at risk the revenue they need to keep paying for their OCS.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

There's no way that UCiF would give us 15k tix. Like always, this would be their Super Bowl and they would do everything in their power to make sure we got as few tickets as possible.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

This game needs a neutral site i.e. FL vs Ga in the gator bowl (or whatever it is called now) in Jacksonville. Why not go to Jacksonville (nasty city though) or hahaha the swamp and play em'.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

You do realize the last named school that they signed a 1 and 1 with pulled out and gave them 500k. These schools have no intention of going to Otown. They will continue to buy the game out. Watch.

Just announced Mizzou to fill the date.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

There's no way that UCiF would give us 15k tix. Like always, this would be their Super Bowl and they would do everything in their power to make sure we got as few tickets as possible.

In a neutral site game it wouldn't be up to them

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Just got back on the board and catching up with all this UCF and Citrus Bowl stuff. I get we wanted a "neutral site" game with even splits on ticket/citrus bowl revenue but UCF needed a 6th home game for their sponsor and merchant obligations. Why can't we play at their OCS so it's a home game for their contractural obligations, but they give us 15,000 seats to sell that we keep the revenue for. Then it's a $500K payday for us and our fans are in 1/3 of the seats. Like it or not, we're conference partners now and we need to work together on the best solutions for both schools.

Because they have a crazy, high mortgage to pay for that wobbling wok of a stadium. Their hatred for our school apparently hasn't blinded their administration so much that they're willing to put at risk the revenue they need to keep paying for their OCS.

In the past, I have referred to it as the frying pan...now, I am thinking OCS is On Campus Skillet?

• Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

Yeah, you don't want to play USF in a Orlando Stadium that seats 20,000 more that would be dumb.

In the past, I have referred to it as the frying pan...now, I am thinking OCS is On Campus Skillet?

I like it, Brad. Although the alliteration provided by "wobbling wok" is fun, an On Campus Skillet has more of a "Florida feel" to it.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

UCF inked a game with Mizzou at UCF, instead of USF. So I highly doubt UCF was scared to play USF, next year. Besides...it's all moot. UCF and USF will be playing back and forth every year beginning in 2013, anyhow. This one game next season won't make any difference.

This one game next season won't make any difference.

Right, you'd lose to us next season, just like you will when we play your school again the season after next. :D

Archived