• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought we were scared to play UCF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

The only thing that scares me about playing them at their home turf is that dag burn erector set collapsing during one of our huge big plays :wacko:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF is skeered!!!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The latest buzz from Toon Town is that we only did this as a PR move because we knew they'd say no to playing in the CB.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

UCF might get Oklahoma in a home and home series with them traveling to Orlando in 2012.

funny how we think we have scheduling levrage over them when they are bringing in south carolina and possibly oklahoma for a 1 and 1 series at Brighthouse.

http://www.espnflori...lahoma-in-2012/

It's not that we have leverage over them, but we can't play a 1 game deal at UCF. UCF will be in the Big East next year. We would get no return game from playing them. Sure they might play at Tampa next year, ut that a BE conference game. If we played at UCF, then we'd be taking a money game against the Knights.

The game at the Citrus bowl was a good fair offer for all parties involved. It just didn't work out because UCF only had 5 home games.

you may care about the finances as a fan more than i do.

have them pay us as a 1 and done. cheap travel. easy trip for fans. better game for us. I'm willing to bet it would work out better for us financially anyway.

Weren't you the one whining about an "embarrassing" schedule .... How embarrassing would it be to take a money game at UCF?

I think it's more embarrassing taking a 1 and 1 deal with ball state and nevada while they get oklahoma and south carolina for the same terms.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

UCF might get Oklahoma in a home and home series with them traveling to Orlando in 2012.

funny how we think we have scheduling levrage over them when they are bringing in south carolina and possibly oklahoma for a 1 and 1 series at Brighthouse.

It's not that we have leverage over them, but we can't play a 1 game deal at UCF. UCF will be in the Big East next year. We would get no return game from playing them. Sure they might play at Tampa next year, ut that a BE conference game. If we played at UCF, then we'd be taking a money game against the Knights.

The game at the Citrus bowl was a good fair offer for all parties involved. It just didn't work out because UCF only had 5 home games.

have them pay us as a 1 and done. cheap travel. easy trip for fans. better game for us. I'm willing to bet it would work out better for us financially anyway.

.what's it going to cost for a trip to nevada? payouts will basically be a wash so we better sell a lot of tickets when they come here.we have to make up the difference in travel costs with the differnce in ticket sales just to break even. not sure they are much of a draw though and we better hope they don't back out.

I agree that playing @ UCF would be better than playing @ Nevada in 2012. However, with Nevada coming to Tampa at a later date makes Nevada a much better long term option. UCF doesn't have the money to do it. With the new TV deals in the big time conferences increasing their revenues by 15 million dollars a season the price of a one time pay game is going to go up exponentially very soon. There's no way UCF could give us enough to buy another game from a similar team in the future.

nevada won't sell more tickets here than stoney brook.

travel expenses there will be much higher.

payouts will be a wash.

I could see if we were signing a 1 for 1 with a decent BCS program that could put more fans in the seats here but nevada won't draw.

it's odd that they can add programs like ohio state, south carolina(1 for 1) and possibly oklahoma(1 for1) while we travel to western kentucky(1 for 1), ball state(1 for 1) and now nevada(1 for 1)

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Schools like Oklahoma want to win, and UCF gives them that. USF has a habit of knocking off good schools. By the way we are afraid to play UCiFers, that is why we would only do it in the Citrus bowl. (at least that is what they are going to say - cheap 45000 erector set stadium)

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

It will be interesting to see how many tickets we get once we start playing at Brighthouse. Playing UCF at least gives us a game that is easy to get to every year if there are enough seats available.

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

why don't we offer to play there, but require a rediculous payout? Just a thought.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

The latest buzz from Toon Town is that we only did this as a PR move because we knew they'd say no to playing in the CB.

LOL ... They're such dweebs. They actually think we give a **** enough about being called "scared" to pull a PR move about it .... Knuckleheads.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Weren't you the one whining about an "embarrassing" schedule .... How embarrassing would it be to take a money game at UCF?

I think it's more embarrassing taking a 1 and 1 deal with ball state and nevada while they get oklahoma and south carolina for the same terms.

"Embarrassing" ..... You actually care that much about it to be embarrased ??

Once/If UCF ever starts actually beating these programs that are fitting in a football game in the middle of a nice vacation for some their fans down here, you won't see any more of these Disney inspired 1-1 deals.

Archived