• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East is shaping up nicely for us next year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

May I remind you that Pitt just hired one of the hottest coordinators in the nation? He could be good from day one with the talent on the Pitt roster.

Hot coordinators don't always turn out to be hot head coaches. And even then, it can take a while. Charlie Strong was one of the hottest coordinators in the nation.

Charlie Strong has done a great job rebuilding that UL program. They'll be bear the top of the big East next year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

May I remind you that Pitt just hired one of the hottest coordinators in the nation? He could be good from day one with the talent on the Pitt roster.

Hot coordinators don't always turn out to be hot head coaches. And even then, it can take a while. Charlie Strong was one of the hottest coordinators in the nation.

Charlie Strong has done a great job rebuilding that UL program. They'll be bear the top of the big East next year.

Careful - some might call you Nostradamus or Madame Cleo for making projections like that ... B)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Unless we get our side of the ball straightened out it doesn't really matter how good the other teams in the conference are. We are entirely capable of making very mediocre teams look like champions. This past year was our crowning achievment in that regard.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

not_this_crap_again.jpg

• Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

Unless we get our side of the ball straightened out it doesn't really matter how good the other teams in the conference are. We are entirely capable of making very mediocre teams look like champions. This past year was our crowning achievment in that regard.

Agree

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The original point was that a hot coordinator would have a football team performing at a very high level in year one. My point was that it usually takes time for any new head coach to have an impact. It is rare that a mediocre team becomes a national championship contender the same year they get a new head coach.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I do not think either one of these guys is hot, but then again guys aren't my thing (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Sorry, but someone had to say that....

• Content Count:  270
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East looks good for us about every year. We win a few early games and then tank it in the conference.

That's about right...

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Collaros is gone for Cincy.

Sanu declared for the draft for Rutgers.

West Virginia could be gone (although I'd prefer if they were there one more year).

Pitt is breaking in a new coach.

UConn still looks lost at the QB position.

Cuse was the only team worse than us this year.

Louisville is going to be very good.

Looking at this, and the starters we return, we better make a run at the BE championship next year.

we still have the same coach, QB and defense!

• Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Nothing has changed.

Archived