• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice showing USF Students

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

The team has taken a few weeks off this year. The students are entitled to one.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

This topic goes against my better judgement because there is already plenty of negativity on this board but I am absolutely disgusted by the student attendance for today's game. I don't give two poops what your f'in excuse is, if you didn't come to this game today and you weren't dead, in the hospital or 500+ miles away you have no excuse. To the one or two hundred student who were there today, the Bulls, the university and I thank you for coming. For the rest of you, you should be ashamed.

No you don't have to be a big donor or a fanatic to be a Bulls fan, but you actually have to participate in the club activities to be part of a club. I don't know what the answer is to solve the Bulls lack of winning but I do know that the students who did not come to the game are part of the problem. There was no home field advantage today, none, and it was your fault.Yes your fault.

You had to work? Waaaa, I knew this game was coming when the schedule came out and planned accordingly.

You were home for Thanksgiving? Yeah, I'm sure you were, I hope you had a nice time with your feet propped up in Clearwater or Ruskin or Lutz or Plant City or whatever other bay area city you live in because actually getting off your ass and coming to the game would have been waaay too much trouble.

You don't have a car? Funny, my 13 year old doesn't have a car but makes it to football games at a high school she doesn't even go to.

You don't like a watered down product? Too f'in bad, there is only one champion each year and with the lack of student fans why would there be a championship product?

This attitude of, "I'll come when there is a product to come see" is immature and childish. The product comes when there is a fan base for it to come to not the other way around. I am tired of giving the students a pass because they are too poor, too broke, too busy, too whatever. All that is BS, the bottom line is you are too lazy and don't give a crap about anything but yourself. My kids have more pride than you do. Disgusting

Yeah, I'm sure that some of you are all pissed off and up in arms, "Eff him, he's a loser" yeah, I can hear it now. Whatever, if you are a student on this board and didn't come to the game you shouldn't even be on this board anyway. Cancel your membership and get lost.

I'm a current student at USF Tampa, and I'm offended. not by the poor turnout, but by this post. It's the morning after Thanksgiving. Are we not allowed to be with our families? We will be back in full force for the WVU game, but give me a break. It's Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for? To have a family. USF football comes second.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Hmmm Black Friday, students have to drive 20 mins to the stadium, have to pay 15 bucks to park, Athletics doesn't make any one aware of anything that happens on campus, and once you get there you are going watch the Bad News Bulls play football...pretty sure their is a reason no one goes to games. Nothing will change until we actually make a good hire, how about we hire a proven guy or a offensive guru who commits to hiring someone to fix the defense as well.

That's a bull **** argument.... They're in College... they don't have the money for Black Friday...

Don't want to drive? GET ON THE BUS... it's free

Parking? Well if you take the bus it's free... but less than 3 blocks from the stadium you can park for $5... have 4 people in your car and that's $1+ per person.

Not advertised??? For crying out loud, pay attention to the world around you...

Our student's need to take responsibility for themselves and get their asses to the stadium. End of story.

it's the day after thanksgiving. perhaps they aren't even near campus.

Some may also have jobs that require them to work today. I know when I was in school and worked retail/service industry, there was NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL you were able to request off or a special shift on Black Friday.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I think the problem with the sports community around here is that almost everyone is from somewhere else. The Rays and Bucs (to an extent) are still relatively new organizations. We haven't been playing for 100 plus years with generations of supporters.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm a current student at USF Tampa, and I'm offended. not by the poor turnout, but by this post. It's the morning after Thanksgiving. Are we not allowed to be with our families? We will be back in full force for the WVU game, but give me a break. It's Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for? To have a family. USF football comes second.

The students at Nebraska didn't seem to have an issue showing up at 11am their time this morning.

• Content Count:  502

The team has taken a few weeks off this year. The students are entitled to one.

+1 :P

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

The students at Nebraska didn't seem to have an issue showing up at 11am their time this morning.

Nebraska football = 121 years of history

South Florida football = 14 years of history, 10 at the FBS level

We are growing, get used to it. I love when people expect us to be on par with a full-fledged traditional college football power.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Yes USF is on par with Nebraska tradition wise :rolleyes:

• Content Count:  502

Nebraska football = 121 years of history

South Florida football = 14 years of history, 10 at the FBS level

We are growing, get used to it. I love when people expect us to be on par with a full-fledged traditional college football power.

Not to mention that watching Nebraska football is the only thing to do in that state.

• Content Count:  159

I'm sorry that we are not Nebraska. Stop comparing us to other schools. Were USF, and USF students wanted to spend Thanksgiving at home. Sue us.

Archived