• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice showing USF Students

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

I'm a current student at USF Tampa, and I'm offended. not by the poor turnout, but by this post. It's the morning after Thanksgiving. Are we not allowed to be with our families? We will be back in full force for the WVU game, but give me a break. It's Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for? To have a family. USF football comes second.

The students at Nebraska didn't seem to have an issue showing up at 11am their time this morning.

I'm sorry that we are not Nebraska. Stop comparing us to other schools. Were USF, and USF students wanted to spend Thanksgiving at home. Sue us.

If home was somewhere outside the Tampa bay area, I don't think this should be aimed at you ... If you're in this area, the family excuse is ********.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

I'm a current student at USF Tampa, and I'm offended. not by the poor turnout, but by this post. It's the morning after Thanksgiving. Are we not allowed to be with our families? We will be back in full force for the WVU game, but give me a break. It's Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for? To have a family. USF football comes second.

The students at Nebraska didn't seem to have an issue showing up at 11am their time this morning.

I'm sorry that we are not Nebraska. Stop comparing us to other schools. Were USF, and USF students wanted to spend Thanksgiving at home. Sue us.

If home was somewhere outside the Tampa bay area, I don't think this should be aimed at you ... If you're in this area, the family excuse is ********.

I think I would forgive someone who just said screw it and went to the beach or played golf today-- such a nice day to tailgate ruined by a football game

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

All I am hearing is excuses, I'm sorry you couldn't plan something 6 months in advance, sounds like a lack of paying attention, I see the same crap every basketball game. I'm sorry that buying a bunch of crap on sale is more important than your loyalty. And in college sports the fan base comes first, the championship second, not the other way around. You picked USF to come to do your studies, for better or for worse you should support your school. And the general public gets more leeway, they don't go to USF. But in any case, the % of students filling up the student section (500/12000 = 4%) was much less than the rest of the stadium as a whole. The students are to blame.

Bottom line, there is nothing you can say, if you weren't there for whatever lame reason you are given, you are at fault.

It's Thanksgiving. Spending time with your family comes first. I'm sorry if you can't see that. Life isn't about college football.

All I am hearing is excuses, I'm sorry you couldn't plan something 6 months in advance, sounds like a lack of paying attention, I see the same crap every basketball game. I'm sorry that buying a bunch of crap on sale is more important than your loyalty. And in college sports the fan base comes first, the championship second, not the other way around. You picked USF to come to do your studies, for better or for worse you should support your school. And the general public gets more leeway, they don't go to USF. But in any case, the % of students filling up the student section (500/12000 = 4%) was much less than the rest of the stadium as a whole. The students are to blame.

Bottom line, there is nothing you can say, if you weren't there for whatever lame reason you are given, you are at fault.

It's Thanksgiving. Spending time with your family comes first. I'm sorry if you can't see that. Life isn't about college football.

128656193508695106.jpg

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I'm at home in Ft. Lauderdale, but I don't think it matters. Ever hear the saying "it's not where you are, it's who your with"? If your with family for Thanksgiving (even the day after), that is the priority.

I'm at home in Ft. Lauderdale, but I don't think it matters. Ever hear the saying "it's not where you are, it's who your with"? If your with family for Thanksgiving (even the day after), that is the priority.

Ft. Lauderdale is well known for having scads of momma's boys

pass the taters

;)

• Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

I think it matters big time where you are .... If you're from the area, not taking 4 hours out of a 4 day weekend to go to one of seven home games, using family as an excuse, is ********.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I think it matters big time where you are .... If you're from the area, not taking 4 hours out of a 4 day weekend to go to one of seven home games, using family as an excuse, is ********.

I'm a big Texans fan and am driving to Jax for their game & maybe somehow catching end of USF soccer game. Going to all 3 games in Florida this season and hopefully catch regular season finale while i'm back home during Winter Break

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Bring your family. They sell companion tickets for a reason. I know a lot of people had reasons to be gone, but there are thousands of students that live near Tampa. No reason we shouldn't have had at least a few thousand there.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

128656193508695106.jpg

Archived