• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice showing USF Students

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Sort of mirrors the Tampa sports community though, doesn't it?

The Tampa Bay community suck as a whole. I would like to apologize to flsportfan83 for raging on the Miami sport community. We have the worst sports fans in the world.

If you don't like it, then get the **** out.

I for one am getting the **** out. I transferred to USF this past summer and I was extremely enthusiastic about USF and their athletics, despite no on-campus stadium. I will be transferring to the University of South Carolina for the spring semester. There are obviously other reasons for my transfer to USC such as being closer to home, the quality of education, the quantity of classes offered, among others, however the athletics at USF did factor into my decision. My excitement for USF athletics quickly died after my first home game experience. It was a good atmosphere, but I couldn't get past driving so far from campus, the sea of red, or pirate ship. I understand overcoming the FSU and UF fan bases is difficult, but the administration doesn't seem to be concerned with doing what is necessary. Since I've been here, I've seen 1 USF advertisement in Tampa and it was a ridiculous fight song billboard. On top of everything else, the Big East has clearly lost all respectability and the distinction between UCF and USF is shrinking with them soon to be playing in the same conference. I wish nothing but the best for USF, but there is a long road ahead. Go Gamecocks!

Well let me be the first to wish you good luck, I am sure you will be successful as it already seems you fit in well with other cocks.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

The Tampa Bay community suck as a whole. I would like to apologize to flsportfan83 for raging on the Miami sport community. We have the worst sports fans in the world.

Stay in Orlando.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Well said Cophbull.

USFresh,

If you base your college education on the athletics program of any university you need to check your priorities. See ya.

I second this...nothing but Game "Cocks" in your future, enjoy and thank you for thinning the heard

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

The team has taken a few weeks off this year. The students are entitled to one.

Amen. Sorry, but getting people to this game was a tough sell, and you can't blame anyone for not going. How many schools with no conference titles and no history of relevancy on a national scale would have brought a bigger crowd? None. Zero. There are no glory days to remember in the down years.

Will the students and local community only respond to a winner? Yes. That's what get's their attention. But you knew that when you started, so stop whining about it. You knew a bush-leage college team wouldn't draw Bucs, UF, FSU, or Miami crowds, and would look horribly out of place in an NFL stadium. All we have are glimpses of a potential major-league player, but that's a long way from enough. We are a door-mat team in a disentegrating conference. I wish it were different, but it isn't.

The Bulls have to earn the crowd. They have yet to do that.

First off, I wasn't talking about attendance as a whole, I was talking about student attendance. So this is directed soley at the students who didn't go to the game but post regularly on this board and call themselves fans. If you meant to ask, "How many schools with no conference titles and no history of relevancy on a national scale would have brought a smaller student crowd? then the answer would have been correct, "None. Zero."

Secondly, the excuse of Thanksgiving weekend is BS. It was Friday not Thursday, and again, if buying a bunch of low-quality plastic electronic crap at 4 'o clock in the morning is the priority of the "broke" student body, then we have bigger problems as a community than low attendance at football game.

Finally, you stated, "Will the students and local community only respond to a winner? Yes." However, just because that is the way it is doesn't mean that is the way it is supposed to be and because of this attitude we will never have a championship team. When you state that the Bulls have to earn the crowd you are flat out wrong. This is not professional football, college football does not have a draft to fill with quality players, they have to recruit. And to that point; a writer for the bleacher report, when discussing Washington State's attendance problems (which are on par with ours) pointed out that "Of course, if Washington State had a larger stadium with better fan support, they'd be able to attract a few more decent recruits..."

Bottom line, there is still no good excuse for there only being 100-200 students in the student section.

Hey, go **** yourself. You don't know what sort of plans the students have. I'm a student and didn't go because I live more than three hours away and only had enough gas money to visit home for Thanksgiving. Friday was also the only opportunity to visit my sister who I haven't seen in over two years. Do you really think watching a football game is worth abandoning your family on the holidays? If so, that's pretty pathetic.

Btw moron, you act like students only buy crap on Black Friday. Did it ever occur to you that they might actually work on that day and can't get off? I was lucky because my workplace let me take off, but all my other friends work retail and were forced into showing at 4 and 5 AM. Stop being such a judgmental *****.

• Content Count:  120

Well said Cophbull.

USFresh,

If you base your college education on the athletics program of any university you need to check your priorities. See ya.

actually, if you go look at the u.s. news rankings, usc beats usf in every category. oh and don't even get me started on the athletics. my point was, not that anyone gives a **** about me moving on to greener pastures, but i'm sure i'm not the only person athletics has influenced to leave.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

USF Fresh, I do not blame you bud. I have been to real college football games, both basketball and football before, and there is no comparison.

I would not expect it to change with the people who are in charge at USF either.

South Carolina will be more exciting at every level. Best of luck to you.

• Content Count:  120

If you don't like it, then get the **** out.

I for one am getting the **** out. I transferred to USF this past summer and I was extremely enthusiastic about USF and their athletics, despite no on-campus stadium. I will be transferring to the University of South Carolina for the spring semester. There are obviously other reasons for my transfer to USC such as being closer to home, the quality of education, the quantity of classes offered, among others, however the athletics at USF did factor into my decision. My excitement for USF athletics quickly died after my first home game experience. It was a good atmosphere, but I couldn't get past driving so far from campus, the sea of red, or pirate ship. I understand overcoming the FSU and UF fan bases is difficult, but the administration doesn't seem to be concerned with doing what is necessary. Since I've been here, I've seen 1 USF advertisement in Tampa and it was a ridiculous fight song billboard. On top of everything else, the Big East has clearly lost all respectability and the distinction between UCF and USF is shrinking with them soon to be playing in the same conference. I wish nothing but the best for USF, but there is a long road ahead. Go Gamecocks!

Unless you are a student-athelete you should not be picking your school based on its athletic program. With that kind of thinking, your departure should provide a slight bump in our academic standing. Being fustrated is fine, but don't make life decisions on whether or not you think your university in committed to winning.

if you'll go back and read my post you'll see that it INFLUENCED my transfer and by no means is why i'm leaving. i'm not sure what some of you don't understand about that. secondly, my point is not for me to be the center of attention. my point is to shed light that it probably INFLUENCES others student sports fanatics in a similar manner. with that said, i am a serious sports fan and want a school who is as passionate about athletics as me. i came here because i wanted usf to be that school and it's just not. i will always pull for usf, just not against usc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

USF is not for everyone

If someone is not happy here-- they should go somewhere that makes them happy and not listen to people who are spiteful.

good luck to you up there.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Well said Cophbull.

USFresh,

actually, if you go look at the u.s. news rankings, usc beats usf in every category. oh and don't even get me started on the athletics. my point was, not that anyone gives a **** about me moving on to greener pastures, but i'm sure i'm not the only person athletics has influenced to leave.

Thanks for the money, have fun in South Carolina. I have a hunch we won't be missing out on your fervent fandom anyway.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

It's the weekend of Thanksgiving and without anything really to play for...I can tell you that our students will not be having a good showing tonight, by any means Most left for home on Wednesday. In fact, even if UCF had winning season...it'd be half full. UCF would have to be undefeated, ranked and playing another high ranked team or big name or Big 3 Florida school for the students to show in full force on Thanksgiving weekend. I don't even think a USF/UCF Thanksgiving game is a good idea, just yet. Our students are great most of the season...thanksgiving weekend is a whole other animal at home, though. USF is not alone there, at all. The history and rivalries that SEC, Big 10 and some ACC schools have just isn't there, yet. I do think after a few years of playing in the same conference a big Thanksgiving weekend game would do well for a USF and UCF. But I'd rather see us play in October, to be honest.

I can't believe it.... I actually agree with you. :D

I agree as well... unless we can schedule a 3:30 or 8PM game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving then this needs to be a bye week...

Archived