• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice showing USF Students

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, but I don't think I'm a good example. If Usf was in the sun bowl again and we just happened to be playing uconn in a regular season basketball game I'd watch the basketballs, no matter our record.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

as far as attendance goes......saturday was pathetic, but we also have no business being in a 65k+ stadium.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Mike,

Not sure I follow your point? Does the fact that I point out the fact that the football team is poor bother people? Our own Skip Holtz in his post game presser stated this week parts of the team were poor.

I'm a huge USF supporter (and CSH supporter) in ways far more than the money I donate. I'll always be a supporter. I'm merely pointing out the fact that the football product this year is marginal at best. I'll contiue to recruit and support the greatest university in the world (imo) until I draw my last breath. What I won't do is spend at the very minimum $500.00 for flight(s), car rental, meals, etc. to fly home to see a poor product. If Thursday night vs .WVU was for all the marbles I'd walk home to see the game. It's meaningless at this point.

Irony of all ironies, today I received my Bulls Club information and I wrote the check. No problem.

Go Bulls!

you are doing fine-- I can relate to being resistant to buying flights etc for this team. I was worried you had stopped being the USF ambassador in the northeast

carry on

• Content Count:  554

Im not a student anymore and was in Brooksville friday morning. It was either wake up early and wash my car or drive an hour to the 11 am USF game.

My car is spotless.

no one cares how spotless your AMC Pacer is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Im not a student anymore and was in Brooksville friday morning. It was either wake up early and wash my car or drive an hour to the 11 am USF game.

My car is spotless.

Bruce, just curious, are you a season ticket holder?

Basketball only. I probably only average half the home games for football season. Never been a big college football fan so I don't mind watching the other half at home.

You're the very fan the program needs to rope in.

You mean three for the price of one?

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

The team has taken a few weeks off this year. The students are entitled to one.

Amen. Sorry, but getting people to this game was a tough sell, and you can't blame anyone for not going. How many schools with no conference titles and no history of relevancy on a national scale would have brought a bigger crowd? None. Zero. There are no glory days to remember in the down years.

Will the students and local community only respond to a winner? Yes. That's what get's their attention. But you knew that when you started, so stop whining about it. You knew a bush-leage college team wouldn't draw Bucs, UF, FSU, or Miami crowds, and would look horribly out of place in an NFL stadium. All we have are glimpses of a potential major-league player, but that's a long way from enough. We are a door-mat team in a disentegrating conference. I wish it were different, but it isn't.

The Bulls have to earn the crowd. They have yet to do that.

• Content Count:  1,803

a good amount of my friends who go to USF had Go Gators, Go Noles, statuses this weekend...I have also seen a return of FSU and UF swag (apparel) on our campus....we have regressed to 6 years ago.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Losign season, kids are on break, Black Friday game at 11, who expected students to show up in force?

• Content Count:  120

Sort of mirrors the Tampa sports community though, doesn't it?

The Tampa Bay community suck as a whole. I would like to apologize to flsportfan83 for raging on the Miami sport community. We have the worst sports fans in the world.

If you don't like it, then get the **** out.

I for one am getting the **** out. I transferred to USF this past summer and I was extremely enthusiastic about USF and their athletics, despite no on-campus stadium. I will be transferring to the University of South Carolina for the spring semester. There are obviously other reasons for my transfer to USC such as being closer to home, the quality of education, the quantity of classes offered, among others, however the athletics at USF did factor into my decision. My excitement for USF athletics quickly died after my first home game experience. It was a good atmosphere, but I couldn't get past driving so far from campus, the sea of red, or pirate ship. I understand overcoming the FSU and UF fan bases is difficult, but the administration doesn't seem to be concerned with doing what is necessary. Since I've been here, I've seen 1 USF advertisement in Tampa and it was a ridiculous fight song billboard. On top of everything else, the Big East has clearly lost all respectability and the distinction between UCF and USF is shrinking with them soon to be playing in the same conference. I wish nothing but the best for USF, but there is a long road ahead. Go Gamecocks!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

The team has taken a few weeks off this year. The students are entitled to one.

Amen. Sorry, but getting people to this game was a tough sell, and you can't blame anyone for not going. How many schools with no conference titles and no history of relevancy on a national scale would have brought a bigger crowd? None. Zero. There are no glory days to remember in the down years.

Will the students and local community only respond to a winner? Yes. That's what get's their attention. But you knew that when you started, so stop whining about it. You knew a bush-leage college team wouldn't draw Bucs, UF, FSU, or Miami crowds, and would look horribly out of place in an NFL stadium. All we have are glimpses of a potential major-league player, but that's a long way from enough. We are a door-mat team in a disentegrating conference. I wish it were different, but it isn't.

The Bulls have to earn the crowd. They have yet to do that.

First off, I wasn't talking about attendance as a whole, I was talking about student attendance. So this is directed soley at the students who didn't go to the game but post regularly on this board and call themselves fans. If you meant to ask, "How many schools with no conference titles and no history of relevancy on a national scale would have brought a smaller student crowd? then the answer would have been correct, "None. Zero."

Secondly, the excuse of Thanksgiving weekend is BS. It was Friday not Thursday, and again, if buying a bunch of low-quality plastic electronic crap at 4 'o clock in the morning is the priority of the "broke" student body, then we have bigger problems as a community than low attendance at football game.

Finally, you stated, "Will the students and local community only respond to a winner? Yes." However, just because that is the way it is doesn't mean that is the way it is supposed to be and because of this attitude we will never have a championship team. When you state that the Bulls have to earn the crowd you are flat out wrong. This is not professional football, college football does not have a draft to fill with quality players, they have to recruit. And to that point; a writer for the bleacher report, when discussing Washington State's attendance problems (which are on par with ours) pointed out that "Of course, if Washington State had a larger stadium with better fan support, they'd be able to attract a few more decent recruits..."

Bottom line, there is still no good excuse for there only being 100-200 students in the student section.

Archived