• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice showing USF Students

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

All I am hearing is excuses, I'm sorry you couldn't plan something 6 months in advance, sounds like a lack of paying attention, I see the same crap every basketball game. I'm sorry that buying a bunch of crap on sale is more important than your loyalty. And in college sports the fan base comes first, the championship second, not the other way around. You picked USF to come to do your studies, for better or for worse you should support your school. And the general public gets more leeway, they don't go to USF. But in any case, the % of students filling up the student section (500/12000 = 4%) was much less than the rest of the stadium as a whole. The students are to blame.

Bottom line, there is nothing you can say, if you weren't there for whatever lame reason you are given, you are at fault.

Did you ever think that maybe the students might just not care at all about college athletics? I knew a ton of students back when I attended that could care less about football or basketball.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

All I am hearing is excuses, I'm sorry you couldn't plan something 6 months in advance, sounds like a lack of paying attention, I see the same crap every basketball game. I'm sorry that buying a bunch of crap on sale is more important than your loyalty. And in college sports the fan base comes first, the championship second, not the other way around. You picked USF to come to do your studies, for better or for worse you should support your school. And the general public gets more leeway, they don't go to USF. But in any case, the % of students filling up the student section (500/12000 = 4%) was much less than the rest of the stadium as a whole. The students are to blame.

Bottom line, there is nothing you can say, if you weren't there for whatever lame reason you are given, you are at fault.

Did you ever think that maybe the students might just not care at all about college athletics? I knew a ton of students back when I attended that could care less about football or basketball.

he doesn't want to hear those lame excuses (and/or reasonable reasons why people didn't get there)

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

If you watch games this weekend, there will be smaller student crowds than other weeks. Not near to the extent that we had, but still less. I understand that people have to go home for Thanksgiving, but the showing was still awful.

And you can't blame marketing for football attendance. Students are sent multiple emails throughout the week, there are signs all over the place, sandwich boards, etc. The only way you wouldn't know that there's a football game is if you're blind and deaf.

the problem is that some of our alumni/fans think that all our students are from somewhere in Florida. The majority might be-- that might be true. But a bunch of our fans do come here from out of state-- to escape the brutal winters etc--- and those kids go home for Turkey Day for the whole break. I would imagine lots of them are pretty big on football too.

anyway-- If I lived in say-- Jacksonville and was a student here-- I would not kill myself getting back in time for an 11am game during a crappy season with no one pretty much left on campus. SO no-- I don't blame the students for not showing up in force.

11am is the key-- even in the best of circumstances, our students do not like to get their butts tot he stadium for a game at noon let alone 11am.

call it excuses-- whatever- it's the nature of the beast. We all knew what to expect. Why pretend to be surprised or be mad at them? Just go to the game, buy your overpriced beer and melt into your seat as we piss away another lead in the second half. It's the Holtz New Era-- embrace it.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

this thread is rah-tarded. students didnt lose this game for us. we could have played this game in a library or in the trunk of a ghetto-rigged 1991 Chevy Caprice with ten 12" subwoofers, it wouldn't have mattered.

the

this thread is rah-tarded. students didnt lose this game for us. we could have played this game in a library or in the trunk of a ghetto-rigged 1991 Chevy Caprice with ten 12" subwoofers, it wouldn't have mattered.

true

and the way they were blaring the music right up until the snap when UL had the ball, we almost had exactly that-- no impact.

you know what would make this thread sizzle--- some nice pictures of good looking students-- a nice showing of them would please us

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

the only thing that would save this thread is a free hand jo... meh... n/m.

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

My point is that support seems to waiver on wins and losses....after the first loss or two, it seems a LOT of people tail off. Not just students. How many people were actually there today?

I'm not suggesting the students get a pass. I've read the Bucs have lost support.

We need 40,000K diehards, not 17.

Agreed... but OP was specifically addressing the student section.... not the general seating.

The student section was pathetic, but did you really expect anything else at 11:00am the day after thanksgiving? Not many students wanted to get up at 8-9am for the game. I knew it was going to be bad, we had more at the bowl game last year in NC.

To be perfectly frank I expected them to get their collective asses out of bed and show up like we're a true DIV 1 BCS program. Until the student leadership and administration create an atmosphere where it's understood that you go to the games (all sports... not just football) USF will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Setting your alarm clock isn't that hard.... you don't have to tailgate... sleep in till 9am... leave by 9:30 and get in your seat.

We won't have to worry about that much longer after we go to a non-AQ conference.

• Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

32,493, lowest attendance since 2006, student showing disappointing, Tampa Bay community only supports winners, team has lost 6 of 7 and may be heading toward losing seven of its last eight to break a consecutive bowl streak. Even if we didn't have such high expectations, it would be tough year.

Here's hoping they defeat the couch burners and beat up on somebody in the Beef O' Brady's Bowl!

32,493, lowest attendance since 2006, student showing disappointing, Tampa Bay community only supports winners, team has lost 6 of 7 and may be heading toward losing seven of its last eight to break a consecutive bowl streak. Even if we didn't have such high expectations, it would be tough year.

Here's hoping they defeat the couch burners and beat up on somebody in the Beef O' Brady's Bowl!

they say you'll never truly be able to rehabilitate yourself until you hit rock bottom.

USF-- a soccer school with a football problem

Archived