• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice showing USF Students

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

The showing was pretty pathetic, but watching us play lately is painful! I couldn't even give away the extra tickets I had for today's game.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, just wow. Either you've had too much to drink or not enough.

Ricky what are you talking about? We have the least motivated, most apathetic student body in the state.... Hell... even UCF gets their students there...

It's the weekend of Thanksgiving and without anything really to play for...I can tell you that our students will not be having a good showing tonight, by any means Most left for home on Wednesday. In fact, even if UCF had winning season...it'd be half full. UCF would have to be undefeated, ranked and playing another high ranked team or big name or Big 3 Florida school for the students to show in full force on Thanksgiving weekend. I don't even think a USF/UCF Thanksgiving game is a good idea, just yet. Our students are great most of the season...thanksgiving weekend is a whole other animal at home, though. USF is not alone there, at all. The history and rivalries that SEC, Big 10 and some ACC schools have just isn't there, yet. I do think after a few years of playing in the same conference a big Thanksgiving weekend game would do well for a USF and UCF. But I'd rather see us play in October, to be honest.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

My point is that support seems to waiver on wins and losses....after the first loss or two, it seems a LOT of people tail off. Not just students. How many people were actually there today?

I'm not suggesting the students get a pass. I've read the Bucs have lost support.

We need 40,000K diehards, not 17.

Agreed... but OP was specifically addressing the student section.... not the general seating.

The student section was pathetic, but did you really expect anything else at 11:00am the day after thanksgiving? Not many students wanted to get up at 8-9am for the game. I knew it was going to be bad, we had more at the bowl game last year in NC.

To be perfectly frank I expected them to get their collective asses out of bed and show up like we're a true DIV 1 BCS program. Until the student leadership and administration create an atmosphere where it's understood that you go to the games (all sports... not just football) USF will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Setting your alarm clock isn't that hard.... you don't have to tailgate... sleep in till 9am... leave by 9:30 and get in your seat.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

It's the weekend of Thanksgiving and without anything really to play for...I can tell you that our students will not be having a good showing tonight, by any means Most left for home on Wednesday. In fact, even if UCF had winning season...it'd be half full. UCF would have to be undefeated, ranked and playing another high ranked team or big name or Big 3 Florida school for the students to show in full force on Thanksgiving weekend. I don't even think a USF/UCF Thanksgiving game is a good idea, just yet. Our students are great most of the season...thanksgiving weekend is a whole other animal at home, though. USF is not alone there, at all. The history and rivalries that SEC, Big 10 and some ACC schools have just isn't there, yet. I do think after a few years of playing in the same conference a big Thanksgiving weekend game would do well for a USF and UCF. But I'd rather see us play in October, to be honest.

I can't believe it.... I actually agree with you. :D

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Wow, just wow. Either you've had too much to drink or not enough.

Ricky what are you talking about? We have the least motivated, most apathetic student body in the state.... Hell... even UCF gets their students there...

Good post.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Sort of mirrors the Tampa sports community though, doesn't it?

The Tampa Bay community suck as a whole. I would like to apologize to flsportfan83 for raging on the Miami sport community. We have the worst sports fans in the world.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was at the game. I got up, but I knew it was going to be empty. Our students don't care once we lose a few games, and the time didn't help.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I think a lot of the problem with our fan base is every season seems like the movie Groundhog Day.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Hard to understand, but we are a spoiled fan base. Some b******* and moaned about going 4-3 and 3-4 in our first decade of BCS conference football and our second decade overall. We were fortunate enough to eek out 8 or so wins a season due to huge upsets mixed in with some cupcakes and a pretty strong home record.

Our fans are not accustomed to what we are witnessing. It's gonna hurt. It will need to be repaired. There is next year. And that's the point we're at right now. Get this closed out. Start working to get a heck of a lot better. I'm as frustrated as the next guy, but I don't think we need to show our a** to the coaches and players. The coaches and administration MUST know this is not the expectation (the program is failing) and do what it takes to deliver improvement next season and each season after that. Otherwise, in terms of butts in the seats, it will get worse. We were a Cinderella story, and now we're just one of the ugly stepsisters.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

My point is that support seems to waiver on wins and losses....after the first loss or two, it seems a LOT of people tail off. Not just students. How many people were actually there today?

I'm not suggesting the students get a pass. I've read the Bucs have lost support.

We need 40,000K diehards, not 17.

Agreed... but OP was specifically addressing the student section.... not the general seating.

The student section was pathetic, but did you really expect anything else at 11:00am the day after thanksgiving? Not many students wanted to get up at 8-9am for the game. I knew it was going to be bad, we had more at the bowl game last year in NC.

To be perfectly frank I expected them to get their collective asses out of bed and show up like we're a true DIV 1 BCS program. Until the student leadership and administration create an atmosphere where it's understood that you go to the games (all sports... not just football) USF will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Setting your alarm clock isn't that hard.... you don't have to tailgate... sleep in till 9am... leave by 9:30 and get in your seat.

this. It was sad. I went and sat with my friend all alone in the student section lol.

I was pretty ashamed to be honest. I brought my friend from FSU and it was pretty ******* embarrassing. I know it was 11 am on Friday but come on.

Ill see you guys there next week.

Archived