• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the DARKSIDE bigger than the GOGGLE crew now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

this is the most negative USF board on the web.

IMO its mainly due to the leavitt / skip battle that constantly exists here and nowhere else.

buttt its the most trafficked (and now best look/feel)

I'd guess it's the most negative because it's the most trafficked. Additionally it is the oldest and has members that were around before football existed (maybe one reason the Leavitt issue resonates) - even back when USF Basketball danced. The newer fans are typically the most needy and negative however, and the older ones often bite their tongues

And Bruce, we (board management) are very USF friendly. In fact, we are USF FIRST. Been that way for over 13 years. But I believe criticism should be allowed and engaged as long as it stays civil.

you are probably right. I'd also say it reflects a fan base that cares... We are likely pretty moderate compared to some of the big fan bases.

remember:

People aren't angry unless it matters.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,037
  • Days Won:  469

The turnout of commenters always seems greater after losses or controversial issues NOT after a win over some FCS school, or even SEC school for that matter. Human nature I suppose.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

We could be on the precipice of our worst football season since joining the Big East. That scenario alone will bring the Dark Sider recruits out of the woodwork, literally, and negativity will come to the forefront. That's only natural, and a common characteristic of message boards with large memberships. Doesn't mean there's been some sort of overall shift in feeling boardwise, just that the revved up ******** and moaning, some warranted grant you, has led to a contingent of the members graced with the Force pulling back.

And as far as Herm's attempt to start a grass roots movement to oust Woolard, it ain't gonna happen at this point in time. You can slough off all the new athletic projects on campus all you want but they happened under his watch and there's no way he gets booted before the paint's even dry .... but it all does make for some riveting message board fodder, though.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I've had some moments this year too, where I was very critical of the team. I'm actually in the minority here though. I do see progress in BJ. Has it worked all the time -no, but it was the same with Grothe. If you look at the 5 losses, we've only had 3 bad quarters where we weren't competitive, (3rd and 4th quarters at Pitt, and 4th quarter vs Cinci). Every other game and quarter, our boys have battled. Yes they have lost every way possible, but we are talking about 18-21 year olds here. We are not going to win every game, and every now and then you have a down year. This just happens to be the year. I was kind of in shock leaving the Miami game. I thought we had a good shot at beating them. If BJ plays the whole game, I think we actually win. When we had to rely on Bobby, I just didn't see us beating them. They killed our run game so we had to hit some passes. A few drops and a few penalties and our backup QB couldn't do it. I wasn't angry at all at this game. UConn, Yes I was pissed. Rutgers, Yes I was pissed. But losing 6-3 to Miami when your QB gets knocked out halfway thru the 3rd Quarter doesn't anger me.

If anything I was really Proud how our Bulls battled in that game.

I'll do my damndest to get to that game on Friday (and I'm working)!

Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

my biggest fear is the fanbase and Tampa natives turn their back to USF and the university drops a program a la Hofstra dropping football.

I cant see our basketball team creating much revenue, but I have no idea how the ins and outs of that stuff works.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

I've had some moments this year too, where I was very critical of the team. I'm actually in the minority here though. I do see progress in BJ.

You're not in the minority, JB ... You'd have to be a blind fool to not see it. Is he where we want him to be? No, but he has not been a big part of why our record is what it is ...

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This board used to be very USF friendly, where if you said anything negative about our university you were chewed out. It seems the tables have turned and I see way more people being negative towards coaches, where this program is heading, athletic directors, etc.

I think you are mistaken. In my view, it is saying stupid, stupid **** that gets you "chewed out." It just so happens that many of the same people who are constantly whining are also the people constantly saying stupid, stupid **** ... often at the same time!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

This board used to be very USF friendly, where if you said anything negative about our university you were chewed out. It seems the tables have turned and I see way more people being negative towards coaches, where this program is heading, athletic directors, etc.

I think you are mistaken. In my view, it is saying stupid, stupid **** that gets you "chewed out." It just so happens that many of the same people who are constantly whining are also the people constantly saying stupid, stupid **** ... often at the same time!

You must have missed all the good points about Matt Grothe and Jim Leavitts faults and the responses to them. I agree with your view but lets not act like there wasnt the "USF can do no wrong" fans. Nothing wrong with them, but a lot have seemed to go away and in some cases move towards the spectrum closer to the "dark side".

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

theres little to nothing anyone can do, right? im a season ticket holder, nonrenewing helps nothing, renewing is a vote for the mediocrity. i wish i could do something.

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

In the end you have two choices:

1. Continually moan and groan over things that you cannot change

2. Understand that progress IS being made in the program.

Am I happy with this season? NO! Have I seen improvement in the players? Yes. Some things need to be changed for sure, and I trust that those changes will be made. I think that I got a little ahead of myself with the finish of last year and expected much more this year, it didn't happen. I think that Holtz has a learning curve that may have surprised him a little bit, again because of the finish last year.

A lot of us will be at the last two games, be on here watching for recruiting news, get excited on signing day, watch the spring game, and predict a great season in 2012.

God I love college football!

GO BULLS!

Archived