• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the DARKSIDE bigger than the GOGGLE crew now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

This board used to be very USF friendly, where if you said anything negative about our university you were chewed out. It seems the tables have turned and I see way more people being negative towards coaches, where this program is heading, athletic directors, etc.

I see posters who once attacked negative posters being more negative than anyone.

I see the defenders of all things USF taking a back seat and starting to realize our inabilities

We are in Florida and:

Our golf team is terrible (unreal)

our baseball team does not compete

our basketball team won 8 games or something last year, not promising so far this season

Our football program, our bread and butter, is now 1-4 in conference and in danger of not making a bowl game.

We have soccer and that seems to be about it

I know I have said this before but we need to re structure this whole thing. Please spare me the "well then donate" bs. Its our university of 43K plus students responsibility to make this a successful business. It amazes me some of the schools with poor facilities, in horrendous areas that compete in ncaa basketball and we do not.

If Doug Woolard had the management position I had at the employer I was with before I went self-employed he would be fired in 6 months. Guy is being paid half a million dollars a year and has given no results. Facility upgrade is like thanking the new head of janitorial services for fixing the broken toilets. It was a no brainer move that had to be done. No props from me on that.

Someone at the top of USF needs to grow a pair and fix this thing from the foundation (the AD imo). With new fan apathy, no one showing up for games, marketing issues, no newspaper or competition respect it seems this thing is spiraling out of control.

They need to make moves that surprise our fanbase, make a splash, sell out a little if you have to. Just do something to bring excitement and notoriey to a great university in a great city with a great alumni (if tickled the right way).

That is all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree. Bring in LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

• Content Count:  4,078

Ari, Herman? A little crochety since the Jets got Tebowed? (9 for 20 for 104 usually gets the QB run out of town)

• Content Count:  3,084

Ari, Herman? A little crochety since the Jets got Tebowed? (9 for 20 for 104 usually gets the QB run out of town)

I root for Tebow and the Jets have nothing to do with this thread.

Joe, look how fast the Miami Heat fanbase came back. Marlins are doing the same thing offering Jose Reyes and Albert Pujols. At least they are trying.

At USF we take no chances and get the same crap year in and year out. I have not given up on the football program yet, but basketball has been in he cellar for years.

Time for change.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

finally the masses are tired of underachieving

they are finally listening to me and others

far to long people set the bar so low

• Content Count:  4,078

Disclaimer: Just as when I was critical of the first coach, please to not acertain that any criticism of Holtz means that I am part of that motley crew.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Disclaimer: Just as when I was critical of the first coach, please to not acertain that any criticism of Holtz means that I am part of that motley crew.

Isn't that a rock band from the 80s ?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

Being critical is one thing; being negative, another. Attacking personally coaches and players, yet another. Wishing harm, making degrading comments even worse.

Many of the more positive take a board vacation when the masses come out to attack or whine.

We have more discussion when it is kept gentlemanly (ladylike in some cases) and constructive.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

BTW, I love the Dark Side reference. Those were the days.

Archived