• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the DARKSIDE bigger than the GOGGLE crew now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Darkside tipped in Leavitt's last year. After this year, I think it's "Death Star" will be complete. To play like we have in conference play this year in football is unacceptable

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Disclaimer: Just as when I was critical of the first coach, please to not acertain that any criticism of Holtz means that I am part of that motley crew.

Isn't that a rock band from the 80s ?

That would be Motley Crue.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Here is the real story. All (or at least most) of us are USF alumni, season ticket holders, donors, or somehow associated with USF. Yes a few moles/trolls, but for the most part we all support USF and want what is best for all of their programs.

However, when you look at what we "should" be accomplishing versus what we are accomplishing "on the field" we are not cutting it. Football and Basketball are the key programs. Many of us, me included, have season tickets for both. USF is in the 13th largest TV market. We are 9th in enrolled students in the US. We pay above average salaries for coaches in our conference, and have an above average athletic budget (remember we don't have an OCS for comparison purposes). We are in a BCS AQ conference and all of our players were recruited while we have had that "tag" associated with our program. We have gotten the recruits we have wanted, for the most part, each of the past 5 years and they make up our current team. We are spending $50M in on campus athletic improvements. We have a fairly well known AD who is pretty well connected. We have a decent amount of big $$$ donors.

With all of that, there is some expectation of a program which will improve over time. Not take a step backwards, or regress, as we are doing this year. It is not like you can point to one thing, but continually losing close games is wearing on the fan base. Look no further than Friday's UL game. I bet if we get 30k actual butts in seats, we will be doing well. Instead we could be 9 - 1, top 15 ranked, and had a packed house, with just a few adjustments per loss.

It is not that we are haters. Or that we don't like USF. We are just critical when we see that we are not getting what we have invested for. Each of us puts some form of investment into the program, and eventually you want results - not to hear "well there is always next year". This team deserved to be in the top 3 of the BE. Its not hype but what could/should have happened. This team, under the coaching staff, has underachieved.....

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

this is the most negative USF board on the web.

IMO its mainly due to the leavitt / skip battle that constantly exists here and nowhere else.

buttt its the most trafficked (and now best look/feel)

IMO its mainly due to the leavitt / skip battle that constantly exists here and nowhere else.

It wasn't very negative 6 or 7 weeks ago. What happened?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

I am usually not the most optimistic person (when it comes to sports) by nature. I set expectations low and hope for the best. But I have been more negative than normal this year. The Pitt loss was bad, OK it happens. But what has happened since then has been heart wrenching. I went into the stadium Saturday with no expectations and, yet, I was disappointed. That's pretty freaking hard to do. I don't want to trash players but I came down hard a couple this year. I like to give coaches "more time", but the way I feel now if Skip gets courted by UNC, via con Dios. I think he deserves to stay for the length of his contract but just not sold. He and his family are great people, but I think I'm a pretty decent guy but it doesn't mean I can coach. Not sure how long Heath has left on his contract but I can't see extending or renewing. Lelo was successful in the past and I just don't what is going on there either.

From the outside looking in, at the time Doug made the hires they seemed like decent moves. All 3 coaches have had their share of success. So what happens when coaches get here? It is like when the 76ers trade for a guy that is known as a shooter. He gets to the Sixers and can't make anything. (the Aston Kucher look-a-like with the long black socks is the latest).

I don't fault the AD to this point. But if results aren't there by the end of the contracts (I know Lelo just got an extension) it will be interesting to see what, if any, moves are made. Lelo gets a bit of a pass because he had a kid lined up who got drafted in the first round. So college baseball is a different animal.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

post-7659-0-30972400-1321904732_thumb.jp

Join the Dark Side!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It wasn't very negative 6 or 7 weeks ago. What happened?

this board doesnt take losing well :P

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,041
  • Days Won:  469

I'd guess it's the most negative because it's the most trafficked. Additionally it is the oldest and has members that were around before football existed (maybe one reason the Leavitt issue resonates) - even back when USF Basketball danced. The newer fans are typically the most needy and negative however, and the older ones often bite their tongues

And Bruce, we (board management) are very USF friendly. In fact, we are USF FIRST. Been that way for over 13 years. But I believe criticism should be allowed and engaged as long as it stays civil.

I'd guess it's the most negative because it's the most trafficked. Additionally it is the oldest and has members that were around before football existed (maybe one reason the Leavitt issue resonates) - even back when USF Basketball danced. The newer fans are typically the most needy and negative however, and the older ones often bite their tongues

And Bruce, we (board management) are very USF friendly. In fact, we are USF FIRST. Been that way for over 13 years. But I believe criticism should be allowed and engaged as long as it stays civil.

Its true, they supported one poster for 65,000+ posts, and some of it is very negative drivel... :rolleyes:

Archived