• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the DARKSIDE bigger than the GOGGLE crew now?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

finally the masses are tired of underachieving

they are finally listening to me and others

far to long people set the bar so low

you are completely delusional

way to root for things to go bad so you look like some sort of genius

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

The turnout of commenters always seems greater after losses or controversial issues NOT after a win over some FCS school, or even SEC school for that matter. Human nature I suppose.

the media dorks have trained them well-- because the only story they feel worthy of reporting is whatever is negative. A good win gets a splash of stats and facts. A bad loss gets loads of press about how everything is falling apart.

I come here to discuss what I am seeing and hear what others are seeing, not to join in a dead horse kicking contest.

Anyone who thinks our fan base is anywhere close to a an SEC school is way off base. We would be lucky to have the strongest one in CUSA.

Let's face it-- USF is a large school with a small footprint. School pride takes years to build. We have few traditions or anything to be proud of and pretty much no one outside of USF really understands our school. Hell-- I would guess most of our alumni don't have a clue how much the campus itself has changed from the days of standing in line after line to register for classes or get financial aid or pay tuition etc. That formerly blank area in the middle of MLK plaza is so different most wouldn't recognize it. The school has done plenty to improve campus image internally but cannot promote it properly to the rest of the country. How could any kid living in the frozen tundra up north want to be there during the winter when they could be going to classes and/or the beach on any given day.

anyway-- barking about it here isn't going to change anything so I'll stop wasting my time and yours.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i used to despise MikeG's posts... this season he's been on point. the post above ^^^ is a perfect example. green arrow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

In the end you have two choices:

1. Continually moan and groan over things that you cannot change

2. Understand that progress IS being made in the program.

Am I happy with this season? NO! Have I seen improvement in the players? Yes. Some things need to be changed for sure, and I trust that those changes will be made. I think that I got a little ahead of myself with the finish of last year and expected much more this year, it didn't happen. I think that Holtz has a learning curve that may have surprised him a little bit, again because of the finish last year.

A lot of us will be at the last two games, be on here watching for recruiting news, get excited on signing day, watch the spring game, and predict a great season in 2012.

God I love college football!

GO BULLS!

+1

and the same goes for basketball and baseball and all other sports. At the end of the day it is only entertainment and win or lose I have three degrees from one of the greatest and most improved universities in the country. I love the Bulls and I love seeing them win but to continue to bash the program due to self-perceived mediocrity is, in my opinion, a self defeating cop-out. It's a security blanket for when they do lose, the detractors can say, "See, I told you we sucked."

Bulliever is right, save for a certain West Coast individual whose identity I have my doubts about, my guess is most of the complainers were in grammar school when the football team started, and not even born when the bball team started. Those of us that have been around the program for decades realize what the expectations are for a bunch of 18-22yo boys, without regard to the sport, the coach or talent level.

• Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

We could be on the precipice of our worst football season since joining the Big East. That scenario alone will bring the Dark Sider recruits out of the woodwork, literally, and negativity will come to the forefront. That's only natural, and a common characteristic of message boards with large memberships. Doesn't mean there's been some sort of overall shift in feeling boardwise, just that the revved up ******** and moaning, some warranted grant you, has led to a contingent of the members graced with the Force pulling back.

And as far as Herm's attempt to start a grass roots movement to oust Woolard, it ain't gonna happen at this point in time. You can slough off all the new athletic projects on campus all you want but they happened under his watch and there's no way he gets booted before the paint's even dry .... but it all does make for some riveting message board fodder, though.

Yes, we would have to lose both games to have our worst year since being in the BE, but please, it's our 7th yr. Big whup. When we've been in the BE for 25 yrs and then have our worst season then that will be worth pointing out. Don't make it out to be worse than it is.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

my biggest fear is the fanbase and Tampa natives turn their back to USF and the university drops a program a la Hofstra dropping football.

I cant see our basketball team creating much revenue, but I have no idea how the ins and outs of that stuff works.

It's kinda funny when I see posters making fun of others that "wear green and gold goggles" and then post stuff like the above. USF football isn't going anywhere. We need the "delusional homers" that think USF can do no wrong, those are the types that will truly support the program through thick and thin, and are the staples of a healthy program.

Condescending posts calling out those who are incredibly passionate about USF football is not doing much good at all.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

my biggest fear is the fanbase and Tampa natives turn their back to USF and the university drops a program a la Hofstra dropping football.

I cant see our basketball team creating much revenue, but I have no idea how the ins and outs of that stuff works.

It's kinda funny when I see posters making fun of others that "wear green and gold goggles" and then post stuff like the above. USF football isn't going anywhere. We need the "delusional homers" that think USF can do no wrong, those are the types that will truly support the program through thick and thin, and are the staples of a healthy program.

Condescending posts calling out those who are incredibly passionate about USF football is not doing much good at all.

Where is your reading comprhension? I state there is nothing wrong with the USF can do no good crew, in fact we do need them. Originally I was stating that where this university was a majority of pumped up bandwagoners has turned into only pissed off loyal fans.

And if you read my post slowly I compare how a school like Hofstra lost its football team due to lack of interest on campus and questioned if this could happen to our BASKETBALL team being I cant see them making much $$.

Funny people will constantly rebut negatively what I say without even reading. Im flattered.

• Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Where is your reading comprhension? I state there is nothing wrong with the USF can do no good crew, in fact we do need them. Originally I was stating that where this university was a majority of pumped up bandwagoners has turned into only pissed off loyal fans.

Which was totally inaccurate ...

And if you read my post slowly I compare how a school like Hofstra lost its football team due to lack of interest on campus and questioned if this could happen to our BASKETBALL team being I cant see them making much $$.

Point is, it's almost as ignorant to think that basketball is in any danger of going the way of Hofstra football as it is to think that football could be .... M9 was right ... what's up, Herm? Your kvetching usually has SOME basis in reality but this current outpouring is really a stretch. It's like you had a contract to deliver a certain amount of wordy, negative posts and that one was hammered out to appease a nagging editor.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I think that how our fanbase handles this season will be quite telling regarding its true loyalty. This is likely to be the worst season we've had in the BE, it's the first season of serious failure in the midst of a 15-year campaign which featured mostly upwards momentum and overacheiving, and I'd argue its the first season where there is a massive difference between reasonable preseason expectations and on-the-field success. Those statements are obviously subject to individual interpretation and debate, but I'm giving a general feeling here that this is the first season the program seems to have really let us down at a level higher than past let-downs which were more hopes for overachievement anyways.

I for one am a Bulls fan through and through. I will always renew my season tickets because it supports the school, and because I want to see the Bulls play even if they have 50 seasons of 0-12. I do feel let down by the coaching staff this season, but that will never come between me and the school that made me who I am. Hopefully most of our fans won't be so selfish and immature that they let their disappointment in a season dictate their support for USF.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

finally the masses are tired of underachieving

they are finally listening to me and others

far to long people set the bar so low

http://youtu.be/FtuicNmGj9k

Archived