• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the DARKSIDE bigger than the GOGGLE crew now?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

you guys preaching the lack of talent act like we are in the SEC.

How is it we have enough talent to play toe=to=toe with maimi and notre dame, two teams who have top 10 classes every year, but we somehow don't have the talent to be in a position like UofL who is 4-2 in this conference and has losses to FIU and Marshall??

Bull by Marriage,

Here is a video of Schiano's press conference after the game. He clearly states at the 7 min mark that his special teams guy noticed we were loading up to one side so they made an adjustment on their run back. that's on coaching.

http://www.mycentral...llowing-USF-win

You are dead wrong. ALL teams make simple stupid mistakes. You are the only person that I've ever "spoken" to about football that thinks that there are any teams that don't make simple fundamental mistakes.

I feel as though Holtz is too conservative at times, but on that play BJ proved to that he could not be trusted. How can you trust someone to run the play that you call, when the previous play they didn't?

You produced a video where one coach found a weekness of another. Happens pretty much every game. I'd wager that at least 90% of teams have had some kind of weekness exposed. With all of that we missed a chip shot to win the game. Our coaches called a middle screen, then a QB draw to get us down the field in position to win the game, but the player didn't execute.

You use stats to say how talented we are, which had to be gained on plays that the coaches called, but the losses are mostly the coaches fault. There is room for improvement by the coaches, but there's also room for improvement by the players.

I agree to disagree.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

How is it we have enough talent to play toe=to=toe with maimi and notre dame, two teams who have top 10 classes every year, but we somehow don't have the talent to be in a position like UofL who is 4-2 in this conference and has losses to FIU and Marshall??

Bull by Marriage,

Here is a video of Schiano's press conference after the game. He clearly states at the 7 min mark that his special teams guy noticed we were loading up to one side so they made an adjustment on their run back. that's on coaching.

You are dead wrong. ALL teams make simple stupid mistakes. You are the only person that I've ever "spoken" to about football that thinks that there are any teams that don't make simple fundamental mistakes.

I feel as though Holtz is too conservative at times, but on that play BJ proved to that he could not be trusted. How can you trust someone to run the play that you call, when the previous play they didn't?

You produced a video where one coach found a weekness of another. Happens pretty much every game. I'd wager that at least 90% of teams have had some kind of weekness exposed. With all of that we missed a chip shot to win the game. Our coaches called a middle screen, then a QB draw to get us down the field in position to win the game, but the player didn't execute.

You use stats to say how talented we are, which had to be gained on plays that the coaches called, but the losses are mostly the coaches fault. There is room for improvement by the coaches, but there's also room for improvement by the players.

I agree to disagree.

show me a top team that has a punt returner field anything inside the 10 let alone a bouncing ball. I just gave you 2 instances where a holtz led team did this in the last 2 years.

I honestly have never seen a coach let 20 seconds run off the clock from the 2 yard line to end the half with a field goal on 3rd down. that's coaching scared.you can rationalize it anyway you want(blame BJ-just like the coach did)but fact is he still had 20 seconds left from the 2.

funny how he let him throw into the end zone from about the 30 with 8 seconds left. I believe it was against syracuse and we still were able to kick a FG with only 1 second left. that was from the 30 with 8 seconds and the same QB. how does he trust him then?

Bonani took the blame for that loss. Can't say that I have seen holtz shoulder the blame yet. BJ Daniels was the reason we went 65 yards in 30 seconds. the conservative play calling was not. a screen and a QB draw was playing it safe.

I think we have the talent and that is evident by the fact that we played miami and ND toe-to-toe. I also think the coaches can coach when they aren't coaching scared. I never said the losses were all on the coaches. like I have said Holtz conservative style leads to close games. one or two mistakes by either the coaches or the players is magnified. that can lead to close losses. it is what it is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

the kid wasn't properly prepared to field punts. that's on the coaches.

if he were properly prepared he would not have made such a fundamental mistake.

if they in fact did tell him then obviously they didn't make it clear enough that fielding a punt inside the ten is wrong. they either didn't communicate it or didn't communicate it clearly enough to be understood. either way it's on them.

You're absolutely right ... I guess coaches didn't tell him not to fumble the ball, either ... or make sure that Maikon could kick a 20 yard field goal to win a game.

Bottom line is that there's no simple answer to this year as much as some of you want to neatly wrap it up. It's been coaching, it's been players and, overlooked in all this, it's been the other team making plays. It's been one of those years that I'm pretty sure every program has had in their history, walking a fine line between winning and losing and coming out on the losing end more often than not.... Basically, **** happens and this year it's happened to us.

I never said it wasn't a collective effort. I was just pointing out the fact that Marc obviously was not taught that fielding a punt on a bounce inside his own 10 was wrong.

I doubt he was taught that he shouldn't catch the ball and run backwards out of the end zone either ...

my biggest fear is the fanbase and Tampa natives turn their back to USF and the university drops a program a la Hofstra dropping football.

I cant see our basketball team creating much revenue, but I have no idea how the ins and outs of that stuff works.

It's kinda funny when I see posters making fun of others that "wear green and gold goggles" and then post stuff like the above. USF football isn't going anywhere. We need the "delusional homers" that think USF can do no wrong, those are the types that will truly support the program through thick and thin, and are the staples of a healthy program.

Condescending posts calling out those who are incredibly passionate about USF football is not doing much good at all.

Where is your reading comprhension? I state there is nothing wrong with the USF can do no good crew, in fact we do need them. Originally I was stating that where this university was a majority of pumped up bandwagoners has turned into only pissed off loyal fans.

Which was totally inaccurate ...

And if you read my post slowly I compare how a school like Hofstra lost its football team due to lack of interest on campus and questioned if this could happen to our BASKETBALL team being I cant see them making much $$.

Point is, it's almost as ignorant to think that basketball is in any danger of going the way of Hofstra football as it is to think that football could be .... M9 was right ... what's up, Herm? Your kvetching usually has SOME basis in reality but this current outpouring is really a stretch. It's like you had a contract to deliver a certain amount of wordy, negative posts and that one was hammered out to appease a nagging editor.

False. The post was an observation which is correct. You may not notice but I can correlate a username by someone who jumped on me for making a negative comment about a coach or program at our university in our 4-3 glory days of big east football. Now I see those names blasting the programs more than anyone. So I am accurate.

Thats the whole point of the thread. Are we losing fans at a detrimental pace that can affect future success?

Like I said about basketball, I do not know the ins and out of revenue and Im guessing neither do you. But I cannot see this program being a big money maker for us. So really my question is real, but you so quickly shot it down and call it ignorant without an explanation. Tell me how USF basketball stays above water? Is it funded through something else? Im asking because I dont know. Tell me why there is no chance USF one day just says, hey we tried with this basketball program (not really) and this just isnt working. Pull the plug....Why can that not happen? (dont take it anyway other than a serious question). There were 200 people at the last game.

I really shouldn't have had to explain it to you but .... have you been on campus recently? Seen the Muma Center? .... All those guys with hard hats going in and out of the Sun Dome? Even mentioning about pulling the plug on the basketball program at this particular point in time is ludicrous .... but if you want to play the "What if" game pertaining to some far future scenario, go right ahead.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Bull by Marriage,

I agree to disagree.

show me a top team that has a punt returner field anything inside the 10 let alone a bouncing ball. I just gave you 2 instances where a holtz led team did this in the last 2 years.

I honestly have never seen a coach let 20 seconds run off the clock from the 2 yard line to end the half with a field goal on 3rd down. that's coaching scared.you can rationalize it anyway you want(blame BJ-just like the coach did)but fact is he still had 20 seconds left from the 2.

funny how he let him throw into the end zone from about the 30 with 8 seconds left. I believe it was against syracuse and we still were able to kick a FG with only 1 second left. that was from the 30 with 8 seconds and the same QB. how does he trust him then?

Bonani took the blame for that loss. Can't say that I have seen holtz shoulder the blame yet. BJ Daniels was the reason we went 65 yards in 30 seconds. the conservative play calling was not. a screen and a QB draw was playing it safe.

I think we have the talent and that is evident by the fact that we played miami and ND toe-to-toe. I also think the coaches can coach when they aren't coaching scared. I never said the losses were all on the coaches. like I have said Holtz conservative style leads to close games. one or two mistakes by either the coaches or the players is magnified. that can lead to close losses. it is what it is.

That is your problem. You can't admit that BJ has any fault in anything. Did BJ call the plays? Maybe, just maybe our coaches saw a weekness in the rutgers D that would allow us to succeed. Yes, he finally executed something. Agianst Cincy you can try and sugar coat it all you want, BJ showed that he could not be trusted, when he made a HORRIBLE desicion to try and run the ball in on the play right before. Would you trust someone who just seconds before comepletely ignored your instructions? The 'Cuse play that you mention was a minor miracle that we had 1 second left becasue BJ wandered around. The coaches called the Middle screen the coaches called the QB draw. Even you can't deny those facts. Did one of the coaches throw the interception on our first offensive play last week? Maybe Skip wanted to be more aggresive, but BJ showed him on the first offensive play, that he was not going to be able to handle it. BJ panics and makes horrible desicions.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's ok, Trip. Apparently Bling Bling would rather throw out a ridiculous statement and be flattered someone called him on it, rather than listen to all the reasons why he's so far off base.

Btw, Bling, the post I replied to said "a program," not "basketball." If you want to question someone's reading comprehension you should make **** sure your own is spot on.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

my biggest fear is the fanbase and Tampa natives turn their back to USF and the university drops a program a la Hofstra dropping football.

I cant see our basketball team creating much revenue, but I have no idea how the ins and outs of that stuff works.

It's kinda funny when I see posters making fun of others that "wear green and gold goggles" and then post stuff like the above. USF football isn't going anywhere. We need the "delusional homers" that think USF can do no wrong, those are the types that will truly support the program through thick and thin, and are the staples of a healthy program.

Condescending posts calling out those who are incredibly passionate about USF football is not doing much good at all.

Where is your reading comprhension? I state there is nothing wrong with the USF can do no good crew, in fact we do need them. Originally I was stating that where this university was a majority of pumped up bandwagoners has turned into only pissed off loyal fans.

And if you read my post slowly I compare how a school like Hofstra lost its football team due to lack of interest on campus and questioned if this could happen to our BASKETBALL team being I cant see them making much $$.

Point is, it's almost as ignorant to think that basketball is in any danger of going the way of Hofstra football as it is to think that football could be .... M9 was right ... what's up, Herm? Your kvetching usually has SOME basis in reality but this current outpouring is really a stretch. It's like you had a contract to deliver a certain amount of wordy, negative posts and that one was hammered out to appease a nagging editor.

False. The post was an observation which is correct. You may not notice but I can correlate a username by someone who jumped on me for making a negative comment about a coach or program at our university in our 4-3 glory days of big east football. Now I see those names blasting the programs more than anyone. So I am accurate.

Thats the whole point of the thread. Are we losing fans at a detrimental pace that can affect future success?

Like I said about basketball, I do not know the ins and out of revenue and Im guessing neither do you. But I cannot see this program being a big money maker for us. So really my question is real, but you so quickly shot it down and call it ignorant without an explanation. Tell me how USF basketball stays above water? Is it funded through something else? Im asking because I dont know. Tell me why there is no chance USF one day just says, hey we tried with this basketball program (not really) and this just isnt working. Pull the plug....Why can that not happen? (dont take it anyway other than a serious question). There were 200 people at the last game.

I really shouldn't have had to explain it to you but .... have you been on campus recently? Seen the Muma Center? .... All those guys with hard hats going in and out of the Sun Dome? Even mentioning about pulling the plug on the basketball program at this particular point in time is ludicrous .... but if you want to play the "What if" game pertaining to some far future scenario, go right ahead.

Dude, Im not talking about tomorrow but is it so unforseeable to say we do away with a program that continues to lose badly , 200 people show up for the game and the university doesnt market it at all. this is the biggest die hard USF sports board on the web and NO ONE talks basketball.

If things keep going the way they have since Ive been at USF in 1997, we'll re visit this one day.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

It's ok, Trip. Apparently Bling Bling would rather throw out a ridiculous statement and be flattered someone called him on it, rather than listen to all the reasons why he's so far off base.

Btw, Bling, the post I replied to said "a program," not "basketball." If you want to question someone's reading comprehension you should make **** sure your own is spot on.

Aww if you guys agree with eachother you feel better. :wub:

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

Dude, Im not talking about tomorrow but is it so unforseeable to say we do away with a program that continues to lose badly , 200 people show up for the game and the university doesnt market it at all. this is the biggest die hard USF sports board on the web and NO ONE talks basketball.

If things keep going the way they have since Ive been at USF in 1997, we'll re visit this one day.

few if any people talk about soccer either-- but it is successful

I suppose since this board doesn't talk about it, we should end that program too.

seriously, we are very unlikely to end any program short of some crazy scandal-- especially programs that actually bring in revenue. You think they are renovating the Sun Dome so we can get rid of the hoops team? that is ridiculous. Just admit you are trolling for attention

Fine, if we're still drawing your 200 people per game a couple of decades from now, let's revisit ..

Archived