• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Defeat Florida Southern

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

ok so we might go 12-18

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I was displeased with the Bulls inability to complete crisp passes into the post to take advantage of the height difference and the missed layups, put backs, and one reverse dunk that failed miserably. The outside shooting was above average and the Bulls length disrupted the Mocs ability to shoot jumpers, the Bulls had numerous blocks throughout the game. I was impressed with FSC's crisp passing, discipline on offense, and effort. Midway through the second half the ball was deflected in front of Noriega and he gave a half-a$$ attempt to pick it up while one of the Mocs players dove on it, an example of Noriega's lazy play tonight. The season is early and the Bulls have time to improve.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Where's the hustle of Reggie Kohn when we need it? Kid played with two fractured legs and a missing arm if I recall correctly. Seth got the most out of Kohn, as did certain hotties on the volleyball team. Reggie was a true icon!

• Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

I was there and echo what Bullwark said about passes to the post. We seemed very tentative to pass the ball inside when we had guys open in the paint. It was frustrating to watch and, I'm sure, to the players who were working hard to get open. Being one-dimensional will not get us many wins in conference play.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

We basically played down to their level and did what we needed to win, but it does not bode well for tougher opponents. I know Heath has some time to get this team rolling.

Was an okay atmosphere, though there was no Rocky present :-\

Bigs were getting open, but passing was not getting to them. Defense was decent, but was expected against an over matched opponent.

Was definitely impressed to see some of our guys do much better on the perimeter than we had last year. I hope they can keep it up, once the inside play improves, the inside-outside will help each other open up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I was there and echo what Bullwark said about passes to the post. We seemed very tentative to pass the ball inside when we had guys open in the paint. It was frustrating to watch and, I'm sure, to the players who were working hard to get open. Being one-dimensional will not get us many wins in conference play.

Yeah, but the last dimension they're probably going to be successful at in conference will be getting open in the paint. They shouldn't have had to work hard getting open against that team. With our lack of bulk, points should come from long and intermediate range and driving into the paint ....

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we win 5 conference games, which is unfortunately an improvement..

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I thought the team looked decent offensively. They shot the ball well from the outside. Post play was a gimme so maybe they wanted to work on something else.

My biggest concerns are around hustle, when you are up by twenty it might not be the best game to judge on, and most importantly the other teams ability to make us look stupid in the post defensively. All I could think was that if FSC can score in the paint we are screwed in BE play. I saw no defense once the ball got into the post.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

The way I look at it, my expectations for bball are much different than fball. A win is a win is a win. I don't care how they look or if there was no video or if we were playing the blind sisters of St. Marys. :P Sitting through a win against Marist is better than sitting through a blow out against UConn (although that will be later in the year) Right now we are 3-0 and tied for the lead in the BE :D I love it! Go Bulls!

Archived