• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs UCF Rivalry To Resume Next Year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We can deny that ucf is our rival all we want.... fact is... you all would accept a Memphis utep Tulane Tulsa rice etc... to fill that spot

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

If you say Miami isour rival than ucf certainly is.... the canes do not see us as a rival in a similar way to us not seeing ucf as our rival

You can't pick and choose your rivals

• Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

It's a shame to see how far Leavitt and Selmon brought our program in 13 years go down so fast. If they were still here we would be in the Big 12 right now. Selmon had Oklahoma, and Leavitt played at Missouri and coached at KState.

Is the Leavitt situation killing us in the Big 12?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,997
  • Days Won:  469

We can deny that ucf is our rival all we want.... fact is... you all would accept a Memphis utep Tulane Tulsa rice etc... to fill that spot

Did you just get home from a long night? :) Not sure what you're saying. Would I trade UCF for Memphis? Yes. Memphis at least has a great basketball team, the Blues and Bar-B-Q.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,997
  • Days Won:  469

It's a shame to see how far Leavitt and Selmon brought our program in 13 years go down so fast. If they were still here we would be in the Big 12 right now. Selmon had Oklahoma, and Leavitt played at Missouri and coached at KState.

Is the Leavitt situation killing us in the Big 12?

This brings the thread on a new tangent, but I agree, any reasonable and thoughtful person would conclude that we would have a better chance for the Big12 with LRS and CJL in the mix - they had roots and friends there. It wouldn't guarantee anything, but there is no denying they would certainly have helped our chances. LRS would have helped our chances anywhere. Secondly, Leavitt drove the program. It's clear to most that it wasn't Woolard or Genshaft driving. Once Leavitt was ousted, the program lacked a driving force, a program goal and drive in my opinion. Now those two are in the driver seat and the road map is very confusing and blurry. We may even remain in "park" a while longer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

If you say Miami isour rival than ucf certainly is.... the canes do not see us as a rival in a similar way to us not seeing ucf as our rival

You can't pick and choose your rivals

Anybody who honestly thinks that UM is our rival is just as delusional as those that think UCF is ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Why was this moved? Not that I care, just wondering.

Why not move it?

• Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe UCF isn't a sports rival yet, but the fan bases certainly hate each other as if they are. Once we're in the same conference we will be rivals even if they never win a football game against us, the hate between the fan bases and just playing them every year will be enough. We will still play them in other sports as well and we lost to them in basketball last year if I recall correctly.

• Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

How is it we can't call Miami a rival, but we should call UCiF a rival? I'm still stuck on that. Really, neither is. I think that is most accurate.

Our low self-esteem as a school and football program is going to hurt us.

Must be the first time in the history of any type of football where one team has won all the games played (and one by 64 to 12 the same year the other won its conference) and yet it is considered a heated rivalry

It's called Michigan - Ohio state, see who won the first 10 games and by how much

I think OSU actually had to win a game before it was a "rivalry". Sorry but not only have I never lived up there but I was not around to know if they considered it a rivalry before ( I doubt it). Besides, as I recall from reading about them in my youth, Michigan football squashed everyone. I think one year their closest game was a 49 to 0 victory over Stanford in the Rose Bowl. A team like that has no rival.

While it is possible in the future that a rivalry could exist, it is only in UCF fans minds. Sad that you all have the worst and most obnoxious fans this side of ECU.

Archived