• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF vs UCF Rivalry To Resume Next Year?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

sorry, we are more like UCF than we are UF.

read some of the threads on here about UCF. it's obvious the majority of our fan base hates them and they us. we may not have been football rivals before but we will be now that we are in the same conference.

If rivals, in your mind, are created because of hate for obnoxious fans and not on field performance I'll concede that to you. Enjoy your rivalry.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I don't mind playing them but there's no way in Hades that I ever go back to their campus for a game. No way.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

we may not have been football rivals before but we will be now that we are in the same conference.

We weren't rivals period before but that WILL change when we get in the same conference because, repeating again, outcome of the games will actually MEAN something, not just manufactured Internet bragging rights.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

we may not have been football rivals before but we will be now that we are in the same conference.

We weren't rivals period before but that WILL change when we get in the same conference because, repeating again, outcome of the games will actually MEAN something, not just manufactured Internet bragging rights.

Good point B.

Hopefully BJ doesn't have a facebook.

• Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

isn't that what i said? what part of "we may not have been before but we will be now" didn't you understand?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Are we rivals with Syracuse?

How about Rutgers? There's an "I hate Rutgers" thread below.

As we tried to forge a true rival over the years, many thought WVU since we did play every season and the games were mostly competitive and their outcome meant something.

We aren't rivals with everyone in our conference and certainly won't be in the expanded Big Country Conference. I'd rather it be with a quality team than a cellar dweller. But that's just common sense.

You can be defined by your rival.

isn't that what i said? what part of "we may not have been before but we will be now" didn't you understand?

My bad I could have sworn you put an identifier in front of "rivals" .... Oh wait, you did. If you have been saying all along that we are not rivals NOW, and haven't been, but will be when we are in the same conference, you've done a **** poor job of getting that across.

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Some people seem to forget that the last game went to OT.... I was there and that was no blow out.

Talent wise we're not that much above UCF... if they had a better coaching staff there really wouldn't be much of a difference.

Yes, their fans are some of the worst I've ever had to deal with.... but program wise it's not nearly as far apart as we'd like it to be.

Some people seem to forget that the last game went to OT.... I was there and that was no blow out.

You were there and don't remember our thorough domination until around 6 minutes left in the game?? 6 minutes to go, 2 td lead and we're throwing the ball?? Pick ... 35 yards later, Kanigit TD. Then next drive stalls and we kick the ball to the only UCFer on the field with a pulse that day, return for 30 or so .... 30 or so later, TD.

That game was over in the 3rd quarter until brain farts by our coaching staff.

• Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

How is it we can't call Miami a rival, but we should call UCiF a rival? I'm still stuck on that. Really, neither is. I think that is most accurate.

Our low self-esteem as a school and football program is going to hurt us.

Must be the first time in the history of any type of football where one team has won all the games played (and one by 64 to 12 the same year the other won its conference) and yet it is considered a heated rivalry

It's called Michigan - Ohio state, see who won the first 10 games and by how much

Archived